FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you can. Foden works hard. Bellingham works hard for himself.

Foden receives the ball and thinks what is the best pass for the team. Bellingham spends the first split second thinking if he can do something amazing. Then he has to make up for that lost moment.

We need both on top form for the team tomorrow. Foden just do what he HAS been doing. Bellingham to play for the team and not himself. Pass the pass, stop moaning, mark his bloody man on corners!

Track record is only measured in goals? Think you need to see football more in depth.
Foden could have a worldy. The headlines will make Bellingham the star. (Only in this country though).

View attachment 125207
Well I have to tread carefully as I'm on a City forum and there seems to be a lot of sensitivity towards Foden on here and his role with England. Your ratings you collated are from the one game he was good (1st half in particular) vs the Dutch.

Both Foden and Bellingham are outstanding players. Both haven't been playing at the level they do for their clubs. Bellingham seems knackered, Foden I don't think it's as much a case of being played out of position, but more like the whole attacking third doesn't seem to have a good plan in place, players drop deep and you end up with Foden, Bellingham and Kane basically occupying the same space. Which is odd as Bellingham is a fantastic box to box midfielder who bursts late into the penalty area (a modern day Lampard) whereas Foden is a more creative player who creates space but needs to be given the ball.

But I don't think one is necessarily 'better' than the other as they do different things. Both have been under par this tournament (Foden's 1st half vs the Dutch being the exception) and I'd add Declan Rice, Harry Kane and Kyle Walker to that list as well. Of the starting XI Guehi and Mainoo have been good, Saka, Stones and Pickford have been okay.

Luckily none of that matters as we are in the final regardless and if those players turn it on we have a decent chance.

Worth noting that England are ranked 5 places higher than Spain in the FIFA rankings and in fact the game against 6th ranked Dutch was the hardest game we have had including the game vs Spain, based on rankings alone and was the game with the highest average ranking of both sides in the whole tournament.

1000012530.jpg

According to Ballague the UEFA panel choosing player of the tournament currently have Foden and Olmo leading the pack.

According to Ballague the UEFA panel choosing player of the tournament currently have Foden and Olmo leading the pack.
That has to be absolute BS. No way is Foden in the top 10 let alone leading the pack. He's nowhere near being England's player of the tournament let alone across all nations. Surely Rodri and Yamal are in the running ahead of Olmo and Foden?

Edited to add the latest betting odds. Exactly as I outlined above and Foden nowhere near the running.1000012531.jpg

Last edited:
Worth noting that England are ranked 5 places higher than Spain in the FIFA rankings and in fact the game against 6th ranked Dutch was the hardest game we have had including the game vs Spain, based on rankings alone and was the game with the highest average ranking of both sides in the whole tournament.

View attachment 125215
The biggest thing we learn from this is that those rankings are a nonsense.

It's a funny one this hatred of Southgate. I think he's shite but don't really care either way as I don't support England. But it seems England fans would rather play nice footy and not win rather than get to the final playing shite? Reminds me of united haha. Or is it the classic English thing of complaining no matter what? Like in the 1 week of summer we get when everyone says it's too hot lol
Ive not read anyone saying the above? Bit of a strange take on what is a pretty simple expectation of any football coach.

I don't think you can say Foden is a better player than Bellingham. They are totally different types of player.

We need both on top form tomorrow but no way should Bellingham be played out of position to accommodate Foden - Bellingham has a better track record for England than Foden and it is up to Foden to be flexible and try and fit in - he has the talent to do it.

I get a sneaky feeling Foden will be the match winner tomorrow - Spain will try and double up on Saka as they know if they don't Cucurella is toast and that will give Foden space to create mayhem.
Foden has generally played better than Bellingham in this tournament. Bellingham has scored two important goals but has contributed very little else having been played as a 10 where a big part of his job is to create chances. Something he has failed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.