FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't even mind if Southgate dropped Foden and explained his reasons why.
Ok we as Blues may not agree with him but at least he would be showing some balls. Instead we get 'ergh I've got to pick Kane and Bellingham or the press will crucify me.'
The one player that has come out with credit is Mainoo, I think, for a young lad, has had a great tournament but the truth is, Southgate didn't pick him, the media did.
Southgate has not done one thing that anyone could call inspirational or different. We are in a final despite him not because of him.

Ok we as Blues may not agree with him but at least he would be showing some balls. Instead we get 'ergh I've got to pick Kane and Bellingham or the press will crucify me.'
The one player that has come out with credit is Mainoo, I think, for a young lad, has had a great tournament but the truth is, Southgate didn't pick him, the media did.
Southgate has not done one thing that anyone could call inspirational or different. We are in a final despite him not because of him.
That last sentence is what it all comes down to with views on Southgate, because in pure competition performance outcomes, he has been very good.

That last sentence is what it all comes down to with views on Southgate, because in pure competition performance outcomes, he has been very good.
He has if that is what you are prepared to accept it. France got to the semi final without scoring a goal in open play. Clearly the way to succeed in these tournaments is to be bland, boring, drab.
Southgate is very good at being .......bland, boring, drab.

It's not what I would call succesful but others will take it I suppose.

He has if that is what you are prepared to accept it. France got to the semi final without scoring a goal in open play. Clearly the way to succeed in these tournaments is to be bland, boring, drab.
Southgate is very good at being .......bland, boring, drab.

It's not what I would call succesful but others will take it I suppose.
I don’t think my view is that far from yours on him as a manager tbh, but I’m talking about purely outcomes in terms of tournament progress (not performances, not enjoyment, and not performances metrics other that win/loss outcomes).

Last match he put on Palmer and Watkins, minutes later them combined to score the winning goal to take us to a final. But yeh, everything good is despite him not because of him.

Oh but if/when we lose it’s absolutely 1000% his fault - no other excuses or explanation, it’s just his fault.

Last match he put on Palmer and Watkins, minutes later them combined to score the winning goal to take us to a final. But yeh, everything good is despite him not because of him.

Oh but if/when we lose it’s absolutely 1000% his fault - no other excuses or explanation, it’s just his fault.

If Foden had a centre forward that move like Watkins instead of that statue Kane England might have won a lot easier !

If Foden had a centre forward that move like Watkins instead of that statue Kane England might have won a lot easier !

Maybe, Maybe. Who knows.
Kane hasn’t been his usual standard (which is incredibly high) but still finds himself on the brink of the golden boot this tournament- I’ve seen so many times people slag him off then time and time again he comes up with a vital goal.

Maybe, Maybe. Who knows.
Kane hasn’t been his usual standard (which is incredibly high) but still finds himself on the brink of the golden boot this tournament- I’ve seen so many times people slag him off then time and time again he comes up with a vital goal.
The goals aside, him and Bellingham have been pretty poor, is saying that slagging him off in your opinion?

Love to know what was said against the COC to lock the match day thread, was actually an informative debate about the subject side of entertainment v wanting your time to win.
Anyhow, that’s all from me before ‘he’ locks this thread. Have a good one.
I think it was one of two City fans saying they wanted Spain to win. Which if your English is clearly a windup. You can be English and not interested in the national team and just follow City fair enough. But to want another nation to win especially when City have three players in the national side is just clearly attention seeking nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.