FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a dilemma for Southgate I’d guess. He’s clearly not enhanced his reputation as a dynamic, inventive, attacking coach with the ability to make decisive and timely tactical decisions. He won’t want to manage a club side who will almost certainly be involved in a relegation battle, he’d be unlikely to be offered a top 6 job now and none of the fans at any club would want him anywhere near their club. So if the FA ask him to stay on for the 2026 World Cup does he take the guaranteed 10 million salary even though he’s on a hiding to nothing or does he leave with a semblance of dignity?

Bit of a dilemma for Southgate I’d guess. He’s clearly not enhanced his reputation as a dynamic, inventive, attacking coach with the ability to make decisive and timely tactical decisions. He won’t want to manage a club side who will almost certainly be involved in a relegation battle, he’d be unlikely to be offered a top 6 job now and none of the fans at any club would want him anywhere near their club. So if the FA ask him to stay on for the 2026 World Cup does he take the guaranteed 10 million salary even though he’s on a hiding to nothing or does he leave with a semblance of dignity?
This is my take on it. It’s a lot of money to walk away from

He's definitely got a high opinion of his abilities and isnt really aware of his limitations. If he's offered it by the FA , I'm pretty certain he will take the contract extension.

I’m hesitating to post this, but do you reckon Pep could manage both City and England at the same time? I think he could

Do you think Peps methods would work in International football?

The time you get with the squad is very limited.

He's definitely got a high opinion of his abilities and isnt really aware of his limitations. If he's offered it by the FA , I'm pretty certain he will take the contract extension.
He aint getting a gig like that anywhere else. I doubt even a bottom end prem side would go anywhere near him unless the scruffy jim comes calling. Sadly, i can only see the FA doing what everyone is screaming out for them not to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.