FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the younger blues years ago there was a manager called Brian clough who was without doubt one of the greatest managers in English football,he was inline for the England job but the FA in their wisdom gave the job toRon Greenwood who in their words was a jolly good fellow,so no surprise if they will stick with Pizza Hut Gareth

He's definitely got a high opinion of his abilities and isnt really aware of his limitations. If he's offered it by the FA , I'm pretty certain he will take the contract extension.

His biggest problem is the limitations of his coaches. If he had the finest coaches & he was the front man he could carry on.

Fat Fwank or slippy G back from the managerial wilderness, try and kid us on that Engerlund were a great team with them playing so why wouldn't one of them be a great manager? Either would "get " the way the fans want to see football played and either would immediately play kane as the guy is a leg end don't you know ?and so the bullshit starts again .
I suspect it will be one of them because the FA would rather have a yes man who's a name than look at a Ragnick type manager.

Southgate stays then the discussion about this players form or that player not delivering for england is pointless. The same turgid, basic defensive tactics will carry on and the players will struggle. Simple as that, Southgate stays, England continue to be crap.
Eire will fancy their chances beating them in September.

I’m hesitating to post this, but do you reckon Pep could manage both City and England at the same time? I think he could
He'd love to try but I think it would burn him out in less than season. Look how he is with us alone. He gives everything and you can see he's fucked by the end of the season and need that time to switch off to come back with the same energy.

For the younger blues years ago there was a manager called Brian clough who was without doubt one of the greatest managers in English football,he was inline for the England job but the FA in their wisdom gave the job toRon Greenwood who in their words was a jolly good fellow,so no surprise if they will stick with Pizza Hut Gareth
He was honest enough to tell them what they didn't want to hear. I believe he would have stuck to his promise to 'revolutionise' the FA. The old farts, played safe instead.

Although had he got it I think we'd be talking about his xenophobia nowadays over his success had he got it.

He was honest enough to tell them what they didn't want to hear. I believe he would have stuck to his promise to 'revolutionise' the FA. The old farts, played safe instead.

Although had he got it I think we'd be talking about his xenophobia nowadays over his success had he got it.
Was Taylor part of the deal.
He was bang average without him.

Waistcoats record in finals.
Couldn't even beat Scotland.

Tunisia 1 England 2
England 6 Panama 1
England 0 Belgium 1
Colombia 1 England 1 (After extra-time, England win 4-3 on penalties)
Sweden 0 England 2
Croatia 2 England 1
Belgium 2 England 0 (3rd place play off)

Euro 2020

Czech Republic 0-1 England
England 0-0 Scotland
England 1-0 Croatia
England 2-0 Germany
Ukraine 0-4 England
England 2-1 Denmark

Italy 1-1 England (aet, Italy win 3-2 on pens)

2022 World Cup

England 6-2 Iran
England 0-0 United States
Wales 0-3 England
England 3-0 Senegal
England 1-2 France

Euro 2024

Serbia 0-1 England
Denmark 1-1 England
England 0-0 Slovenia
England 2-1 Slovakia (aet)
England 1-1 Switzerland (5-3 pens)
Netherlands 1-2 England
Spain 2-1 England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.