FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potter struggled at Chelsea despite having certain aspects beyond his control. Besides that Brighton didn't bring many players through their Youth Set up. It is getting the players at the bigger clubs to completely buy into what you want from the team is the stumbling block.
The body language last night suggested that the bigger club players have lost faith in Southgate. Whatever people think of Bellingham it was stupid to have him playing on the left wing and Pickford lumping the ball up. I think Southgate is finished. I am not saying Potter is a genius but I think he would attempt to play progressive attacking football which would be a start.

Time to part company. Those players are capable than a lot more than Southgate's stodgy, turgid fare. I'm fed up of walking pace football because every one is safely behind the ball. I'm fed up with ritual substitution of Foden (often our best performer) for a press favourite. And why does Harry Kane always get an hour when he is manifestly not fit? We, at City, are used to bold, attacking football and I can't remember the last time I enjoyed an England match.

Time to part company. Those players are capable than a lot more than Southgate's stodgy, turgid fare. I'm fed up of walking pace football because every one is safely behind the ball. I'm fed up with ritual substitution of Foden (often our best performer) for a press favourite. And why does Harry Kane always get an hour when he is manifestly not fit? We, at City, are used to bold, attacking football and I can't remember the last time I enjoyed an England match.

Listening to Southgate in interviews reveals the true nature of the man himself and his management ability, which when transmitted into England performances, the outcome are usually dull, joyless and uninspiring.

Last edited:
In the name of Spanish, French, German and Italian football fans,
can he please stay as England manager for the next 20 years?
Thanks!

Potter has a history of developing teams playing with a decent playing style, passing out from the keeper etc.

Southgate had a history of doing fuck all with Middlesbrough.

That said, with the time allowed together at international level, it's difficult to get a team to learn a form of positional play considering they all come from teams who play different ways. There'd be enough players used to it, but if(when) Stones is injured the whole concept would fall apart to some extent.

Klopp's brand of football would be quicker and easier for players to pick up, so I'm sure he could be good.

However, he'd also find that the media is very much different for England than it is for the red cult, so he may not fancy the job.
He'd make Tront captain.

Mourinho.

And I'm not joking. The FA wouldn't have him because he'd call out all the egos to massage his own.

They'll play safe and I think the next boss will be Fat Frank. I'd prefer to have Graham Potter because he'd used the attackers they should be used. But could he control the egos?
A foreign manager is just wrong, Potter or Howe.

Reactions: PPT
I'm struggling to come up with any available candidates that would be considered a 'homerun'.

It's obviously a big longshot, but I wonder if they'd contact Pep and see if he'd be even a little interested.

We have to be careful choose poorly and we might play shit football and not win a tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.