FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's done a brilliant job, notably giving young kids a chance, keeping the spirit and harmony within the squad and taking us so far in Euros/WC but i think 4 tournaments is long enough and a fresh start with a new manager should be the way forward - Not that the next manager will please everyone and they'll face the same criticism and abuse Southgate gets.

Not if the new choice has any semblance of personality, bravery and tactical acumen.

Not if the new choice has a semblance of personality, tactical acumen.

Then they'll be slated for different reasons, 'why is so and so not in squad' 'doesnt know how to use the subs' 'clear the players aren't playing for him' etc etc

only time a manager will get a break is if they win the trophy.

That was kinda my point Seb! :-)

ben-stiller-touche-ii5zmbxose0xcqno.gif

Then they'll be slated for different reasons, 'why is so and so not in squad' 'doesnt know how to use the subs' 'clear the players aren't playing for him' etc etc

only time a manager will get a break is if they win the trophy.

I suspect most football supporters watch football in order to be entertained - a concept Southgate clearly doesn't agree with or understand.

I didn't expect you to agree btw.

He's done a brilliant job, notably giving young kids a chance, keeping the spirit and harmony within the squad and taking us so far in Euros/WC but i think 4 tournaments is long enough and a fresh start with a new manager should be the way forward - Not that the next manager will please everyone and they'll face the same criticism and abuse Southgate gets.

A brilliant job would be winning something not playing awful football and not winning anything surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.