FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
World class coach and could dazzle the opposition keeper if it went to penalties with his full beam teeth.
I would offer Jurgen the job on one condition - that if England won the World Cup the victory parade would be held on Merseyside.

Starting off at Anfield then finishing off with a firework display and singing of the national anthem in front of King Charles and family who would be viewing from the Liver building.

If I had to have a bet on the next manager it'd be Potter or Lampard.

I'd prefer the former.
Partial credit to Southgate, the new boss would initially have a much better squad with better team spirit than the one he inherited.

I suspect whoever takes over will end up with a bumpy ride eventually.
Can't be Lampard surely. Potter would be very good imho. His Brighton side always turned up at the Etihad and gave us a really good game playing attacking football.

I can't imagine Tommy Tuchel would take the job and I don't even think the FA would approach him, but he's definitely a good tournament manager. Won cups in France and Germany. Champions League Winner...Obviously won some leagues too.

He's a winner and on a different planet to Southgate. I would certainly be intrigued by that appointment. I think some players would be too, in a good way.

I think it'll be Potter. I'd say he's an improvement on Waistcoat from a footballing perspective but that's not saying much. I doubt he would stir much excitement among players who are winning champions leagues, league titles etc and he's not really won anything. But it hasn't done other countries harm, they've won stuff with managers that haven't got a cabinet full of trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.