FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon we should get Sean Dyche and go full Dycheball

it's not likely we're going to play great football with the likes of Rice as a midfielder and expecting him to do anything with the ball.

Might aswell accept the reality and go full Dyche. Get Ivan Toney up top, Pickford smashing it up to him.

Last edited:
I like Frank but he didn't exactly set the game alight once he hung up his boots. I think he would be Southgate MkII

Possibly.

His playing career is far superior to Gareths,and the managers he's potentially learned from reads well too.

I'm not advocating Frank,I can imagine a scenario where the likes of Potter turns the job down and we end up with someone like Frank though.

Whilst we are talking about him as possible England manager the American soccer crowd here in the states are delusionally suggesting Klopp could takeover the US mens national team, after they crashed out of the Copa America in the group stage (finishing third in a group that contained Uruguay, Panama, and Bolivia), seeing their head coach unceremoniously sacked (something most American fans wanted before the tournament).

I wouldn't rule out him becoming USA's manager at all.

They're already in the next world cup as the hosts, and as the hosts they will probably want some huge name in football coming in to build the hype, meaning they would probably pay him great money. Its not quite as intense as the Germany job or a big club job, you're not gonna be getting slated in major newspapers every day.

So if he does still want to manage but in a slightly more relaxing role while earning some dough, it's a good job. There's no worry about qualifying, so he can just spend the next couple of years getting paid to live in a sunny part of USA and getting a team together and see what they can do in the World Cup without expectations to win it.

They're already in the next world cup as the hosts, and as the hosts they will probably want some huge name in football coming in to build the hype, meaning they would probably pay him great money. Its not quite as intense as the Germany job or a big club job, you're not gonna be getting slated in major newspapers every day.

So if he does still want to manage but in a slightly more relaxing role while earning some dough, it's a good job. There's no worry about qualifying, so he can just spend the next couple of years getting paid to live in a sunny part of USA and getting a team together and see what they can do in the World Cup without expectations to win it.
I do think media and greater public pressure on the US men’s team is starting to grow in the US, partly because of the very public dysfunction of the USSF, partly because of the women’s team, partly because they will be hosting the World Cup, and partly because of their humiliating failure in the Copa America with what has been billed as the “Golden Generation” that was played at home, as well.

That said, whilst I agree it would be a cushy post for Klopp compared to other positions that may be on offer, I just read (after checking to make sure there weren’t any developments I had missed) that Klopp was approached by the USSF and he turned them down.

So that possibility has apparently been put to bed.

Apparently there is a growing call for Poch or Southgate now.

May the gods have mercy on their souls.

He'd forget everyone's name. Could make for an interesting teamsheet.
Bellingham would organise a coup after the first match where he was left out of the squad.

Of course, it would fail as only Arnold would join him in the effort and between them they would never be able to hold on to the manager’s whistle for more than a few seconds and would constantly be falling over trying to get the FA’s attention for a ruling to recognise their management.

Sorry - I must have missed when this happened in his last job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.