FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Media again saying he should be knighted for what he’s achieved as England manager , we love a loser in this country . And then theirs Pep who has won everything and doesn’t get the credit he deserves you couldn’t make it up. Now they want Southgate to quit
I like the American take on this:

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

The other one:

Runner up is first loser.

Can't be Lampard surely. Potter would be very good imho. His Brighton side always turned up at the Etihad and gave us a really good game playing attacking football.

Dunno I could quite easily see the f.a bigwigs offering the job to Lampard.
It wouldn't be the biggest shock.

As I've said ,hope Potter applies.

If I had to have a bet on the next manager it'd be Potter or Lampard.

I'd prefer the former.
Partial credit to Southgate, the new boss would initially have a much better squad with better team spirit than the one he inherited.

I suspect whoever takes over will end up with a bumpy ride eventually.

If Lampard was even just a little bit better at club level I think he would get the England job easily. I'm not saying he would deserve it but I think he would be a serious contender in the eyes of the FA.

Problem is he hasn't really done anything to build his stock up as a manager and I think the FA will be very cautious about getting in someone like that after Southgate because he was heavily criticized for being a poor manager at club level and didn't really get full support because of that.

Potter will be the obvious choice, even though some could say he's not really achieved that much himself, but it seems like the general consensus is that he is a decent manager that just had a bad time at Chelsea, in the same way others have. On paper he would definitely be seen as an upgrade on Southgate in the eyes of fans and I think that's good enough for the FA, a kind of safe option that is a bit more highly regarded than the last.

Klopp will not be England manager ffs
Whilst we are talking about him as possible England manager the American soccer crowd here in the states are delusionally suggesting Klopp could takeover the US mens national team, after they crashed out of the Copa America in the group stage (finishing third in a group that contained Uruguay, Panama, and Bolivia), seeing their head coach unceremoniously sacked (something most American fans wanted before the tournament).

Read my post a couple pages back.
I have, and with all due respect, to be honest it's reads a bit contradictory. You state he had done a brilliant job, but you then state you think it's time for a change.

Why do you want him to step down if you think he is brilliant at his job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.