FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, overall he’s done a fantastic job for the reasons I’ve given, but i feel 4 tournaments is the max length for an international manager to achieve our ultimate aim of winning a bloody trophy. Which he hasn’t done.

Not against him staying but would welcome a new manager, new ideas and a fresh start.
skol-vikings.gif

Yep, overall he’s done a fantastic job for the reasons I’ve given, but i feel 4 tournaments is the max length for an international manager to achieve our ultimate aim of winning a bloody trophy. Which he hasn’t done.

Not against him staying but would welcome a new manager, new ideas and a fresh start.
I agree.

We were an absolute shambles when he took over and he's got the team bonding well, has done well with the PR and got us to finals and semis which isn't to be sniffed at. You can only play who you are told to play in the tournaments.

However, after the group games he lost me. I thought our style of play, subs, formations - pretty much everything - stunk. He didn't manage to get 1 good game out of these players and managed to make some like Kane, Foden, Bellingham, Rice, Gallagher, Arnold look awful at times and that takes some doing.

The final summed it up - the plan was not to lose, nothing more than that. Given the players we have, I would've thought that a City/Liverpool type press high up the pitch on them would've really given them something to think about. But we sat back and allowed them to come forward and couldn't even change the game at all.

Before the tournament, he might've had a crack at a United/Newcastle/Chelsea type of job but now I think he will be lucky to find one in the PL at all.

Thanks Gareth, we're in a better place than when you arrived but it's time to go. I can only hope the FA are looking around now.

An opinion I don’t like is either wumming or fishing (yawn)

I’m of the opinion Southgate has done a good job but now’s the time for him to go - hardly a crazy viewpoint.
whatevs, you've had your mileage, fair play to you - and you don't like it - fkn diddums - he has won no more than since his piss-poor CV bagged him the job Fat Sam jacked

Last edited:

I’d go so far as to say he’s done pretty well considering when he took over the role, he had a lack of experience of managing or coaching successful teams. Some will say he still has;)
Anyway, time for him to move on now, in my book probably should have done two tournaments ago, but one thing I will say, the players seem to like him and he seems to bring a harmonious atmosphere between the players.

An opinion I don’t like is either wumming or fishing (yawn)

I’m of the opinion Southgate has done a good job but now’s the time for him to go - hardly a crazy viewpoint.
Where could you realistically see him ending up for his next managerial job if he were to go mate?

It seems that Southgate thinks he's an ancelotti of sorts. That he's got the best players, and if he is able to man manage their egos and their feelings, he'll get them to put in a shift and win, nevermind sharing any tactical nous or coaching knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.