FA Cup 3rd Round Draw - Blackburn away

inbetween said:
Not sure why there is so much pessimism here, Blackburn are 13th in the league below and we should be taking 6/7k fans there. Their biggest recent total attendance was 20k against Burnley (a derby) in March. This game may be classed as an away game but half the stadium will be city fans!

we`re city fans what the fuck do you expect 8-)

cue song, oh we never win at --------

mike channon´s windmill said:
1961_vintage said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Decent draw, just avoid defeat and finish the tie at the Etihad if we have to.

I agree. Could of been a lot worse!

Fook me I know our away form has been shite but are we really looking to be taking them back to ours?
Jeeeeezzzzzzz!!!! Fixture pile up? Yeah nice!!!

You need to think bigger picture there Mike - these games are a good opportunity to give the 2nd string some much needed competitive game time. You know, the likes of Joe Hart and those guys?

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

CC1 said:
jimharri said:
Bluemoon115 said:
It's a top away piss up.
So; the day out is more important than our chances of progressing in the competition? Riiiight.

Of course not but, unlike the red scum, as we rarely get a home draw, away against Blackburn is something we should be able to look forward to without being so pessimistic

the day out is the most important thing.

i want a good day out with my mates,a little drink,enjoy a full blooded fa cup tie and come home knackered having kicked every ball.

thats what made the bad times bearable,away days in the fa cup.

Fernhurst doesn't let away fans in anymore. Changed to a food pub and no away fans on match days. Going off what mates have said who have watched their teams there since city's last visit

1961_vintage said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Decent draw, just avoid defeat and finish the tie at the Etihad if we have to.

I agree. Could of been a lot worse!

Its an excellent draw for us the truth be told.
A lower league side, close to home, plenty of fans and a game we should win comfortably
and into the next round.
We can't complain at this draw.

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

CC1 said:
jimharri said:
Bluemoon115 said:
It's a top away piss up.
So; the day out is more important than our chances of progressing in the competition? Riiiight.

Of course not but, unlike the red scum, as we rarely get a home draw, away against Blackburn is something we should be able to look forward to without being so pessimistic

Well of the top of my head over the past 3 years I can think of Forest (they won) Rags (they won) and last season was it Leeds,Barnsley,Watford ... no very rarely drawn at home !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.