FA cup 4th Round draw Middlesbrough at home

Re: FA cup 4th Round draw (Monday 5th Jan 7.30 pm ish)

Anyone but Chelsea, we'll deal with them in the final :)

Why would anyone want any game that makes it more difficult ? Madness to want united away, if you want to go to the cup final, we'll get them eventually if they're good enough, if they're not then great, the sooner they're out the better, but I'd rather not have the risk of them knocking us out.

If the best team we have to play on route to the final is Sheff Utd in the semi, great.

cleavers said:
Didsbury Dave said:
As I always post in these threads, anyone who doesn't want the shittest club possible at home is misguided.

But I will make an exception for this one because id love us to draw Rochdale away. I'm not even sure we've played them in a competitive game before.
This would be a great draw (or at home), for no other reason than a cousin is likely to be in the Rochdale squad (and he and all his family are blues).
I went to school with a lad who's just breaking into the Rochdale teaming he's a big City fan, maybe it's the same guy, it'd be a good draw.

blueste41 said:
gerrygowsjockstrap said:
squirtyflower said:
it has to be a piss take or someone who doesn't go to cup games as they have not been as high as PL prices for quite some time

Not a piss take. Yes cup games have been cheaper mostly cos of the teams we play. Sheff Wed twice, Wigan, Scun*horpe etc all over the last couple of seasons. I go to all home games, most away & been away in the Champs league more than once. Like to take the wife & kids but need it to be within reason. Club out pricing itself. Hull - junior £25 16 - 17yrs £29 Adult £46. You telling me if we get a bigger team the prices won't go up? Some how I doubt that. Going through yes it has to be a priority. But I like attending, but household bills come 1st Mr money bags.

I take your point but if you go to most away games why are you concerned about home ticket prices?
Because when there is a chance of tickets I like to take the family. Only my son 17 & myself have S/T. Have a wife & 4 other kids who like to get to a match. That is all I am saying.

Easy game at home please, we have enough hard games in January. I don't give a shit about beating best teams, I hope we get Championship clubs all the way to the final win.

If we got Rochdale their fan following will have a smattering of rags.

I don't go for this easiest team at home stuff we're likely to fuck up against 'poor' opposition Wigan, Watford nearly, almost managed it yesterday.

A mid table Prem team home or away or a a championship team away would keep us focused.

Playing the rags? Not for me. I don't intend going to that shot hole after the League cup game a few years ago and I don't want x,000's of them in the south stand.

Southampton at Home to follow the 2007 FA Cup opponent pattern round by round ?

gerrygowsjockstrap said:
squirtyflower said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Eh? You're basing your choice of who we draw on the number of empty seats?What about getting through? Is that not more of a priority?
it has to be a piss take or someone who doesn't go to cup games as they have not been as high as PL prices for quite some time

Not a piss take. Yes cup games have been cheaper mostly cos of the teams we play. Sheff Wed twice, Wigan, Scun*horpe etc all over the last couple of seasons. I go to all home games, most away & been away in the Champs league more than once. Like to take the wife & kids but need it to be within reason. Club out pricing itself. Hull - junior £25 16 - 17yrs £29 Adult £46. You telling me if we get a bigger team the prices won't go up? Some how I doubt that. Going through yes it has to be a priority. But I like attending, but household bills come 1st Mr money bags.
You bitter jibe was based on prices and empty costs.
Maybe English isn't your first language so you struggled to add the personal details in your first post that you managed to make in your second post.
So it's not the empty seats you are worried about, but the fact it may be too expensive as you would then also have to take your wife and four other kids rather than away game where just you and one of the kids go leaving her at home to look after the other four.
Others in the past may have foregone the away games or CL games away so they could take their family to additional home matches, but then they could be called Mr Moneybags couldn't they.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.