FA Cup 5th Round Draw (against Chelsea Home)

Re: FA Cup 5th Round Draw

Pigeonho said:
ManCityX said:
Pigeonho said:
I can just see one of the so called über blues absolutely lambasting united if they'd once again visited 'rag cafe' and saw them all saying they would prefer Scunthorpe this, it's not fair that, too many games the other.
The irony in Damocles saying some don't have a winning mentality!

Pidge once again slipping into rag mode. Dismissing City fans but slipping in the United references.
Are you thick? They are out of it. I'm saying if this was them bein so soft then those moaning on here would be the first to take the piss, and rightly so.

Now now. You don't want to get warned again for slagging off the club/other supporters.

johnny on the spot said:
Danamy said:
johnny on the spot said:
He's hardly going to come out and say 'Oh fuck not City', is he?

You're not getting my point are you?

He's stating that we're the end product (finished article) yet Pellers has only been at City the same time as he's been at Chelsea, how does that work?

He thinks Chelsea is still work in progress, if that's the case, so are we?

I get your point, but I see it as great mind game rhetoric from Mourinho. Does he mean City have a long way to go, or actually his own Chelsea team?

Is it a jibe at his opponents, or a mitigating statement for the team he's still building? Is he critiquing us or motivating them?

He's played the media perfectly there.

None of the above, he's shitting himself, the draw was his worst nightmare.

It's a get out clause if his team gets owned twice in a month at our place, "we're work in progress" blah blah blah

It makes a change from "City should win everything with that squad" quote though?

He's laying down the old win/win scenario but deep down he's shitting himself.

MP has a score to settle, I think he's all in for this fixture..........

pudge said:
toffee balls said:
pudge said:
Even under Pearce?

Think yours are brass and not toffee mate

Just a bit naffed off with some people ATM.

We are in the middle of arguably the best run this club has ever had , playing the best attacking football we have all ever seen, have the best home record of any team in Europe yet we still fookin whine.

Why ?
I understand the "to be the best etc" but what people are miffed about is the timing of the fixtures more than the actual draw itself.

Of course we can beat Chelsea at home, but with Barca coming to ours just 2/3 days later surely it would have been easier on our squad if we had drawn say Sheffield Wednesday or Charlton at home instead?

Away to Barca I'd be a tad miffed,but at home...Im ok with it.

pudge said:
toffee balls said:
pudge said:
Even under Pearce?

Think yours are brass and not toffee mate

Just a bit naffed off with some people ATM.

We are in the middle of arguably the best run this club has ever had , playing the best attacking football we have all ever seen, have the best home record of any team in Europe yet we still fookin whine.

Why ?
I understand the "to be the best etc" but what people are miffed about is the timing of the fixtures more than the actual draw itself.

Of course we can beat Chelsea at home, but with Barca coming to ours just 2/3 days later surely it would have been easier on our squad if we had drawn say Sheffield Wednesday or Charlton at home instead?

This appears to be too difficult a concept for some to understand.

Christ some manning up is seriously needed for some of you. Why the big worry.

Have we all forgotten we went to Munich and won then a few days later hit Arsenal for 6?

Lavinda Past said:
Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:
How on earth is it a great draw? It could only be worse if it was away.

Scunthorpe home is a great draw, not bloody Chelsea.

It's subjective as fans this the type of game we want to see

Absolutely right. Chelsea Saturday, Barcelona Wednesday, Stoke City Saturday. It doesn't get any better than that (apart from Stoke that is).
It's Barca Tuesday isn't it>?

So lets lose on purpose against Chelsea to make it an easier League run in???????

The most important game is the next game. Spurs away. We will deal with Chelsea (FA Cup), and Barca nearer the time.

Len Rum said:
Statt0 said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
Have a feeling both Chelsea and us will rest a few players.

Jose Mourinho played Barcelona away with Real Madrid in the semi-finals 2nd leg of Copa Del Rey last season, score 2-2 from first leg and with the 2nd leg vs Manchester United in Champions League 2 days later.

Played a completely 2nd string side, and still won both matches. I'd rather Pellers copy his strategy rather than send our first team out to run on empty vs Barcelona (the bigger of the two matches). The worst that happens is we get knocked out of the FA Cup, which would be understandable in the circumstances.

WTF will Chelsea rest players?

They play their league game on the Tuesday (we are on Wednesday) and they don't have chmpions league the following week.
Well said that man. A fact that seems to have escaped the attentions of some of the more "macho" posters on this thread.

Macho or pussy??hmmm its a toughey.

There are some Blues on here who are disappointed that we have drawn Chelsea in the 5th round of the FA cup. Look at it this way: firstly, what would the rags give right now to have the opportunity to play Chelsea in this competition. Secondly, times your disappointment by 50 and you're not even close to how disappointed Mourinho is to draw us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.