FA Cup 5th Round Draw (against Chelsea Home)

I find this quite amazing.

When I was was stood at Edgeley Park getting beaten 3-1, wet through with no hope, when we where visiting Macc, Swindon, Port Vale etc etc, when we were averaging 1 goal a month under psycho I would have given anything to play Chelsea and Barca within 3 days of each other and be planning a Wembley trip a couple of weeks later!

This is awesome, all the years in the wilderness and the rags glory years. Drink it in, it may not last for ever!

Re: FA Cup 5th Round Draw

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Terrible draw with Barcelona a few days later and them having no game. I think we have to play a strong side but not sure Pellegrini will prioritise the FA Cupver the CL 3 days letter.

I assume this has to be the Saturday game. Prob early kick off or won't they give a fuck about our CL match.

That side yesterday for example wouldn't have a sniff against Chelsea's first 11

It didnt have a hope against watford let alone them

Don't get me wrong Sam, i tend to agree with your train of thought.
I was just acknowledging what others had said regarding them being indeed a hard game.

Personally i take it as it comes, i think it is clear we will be seeing a lot of these big games now.
With that i take the view we will play the hard and not so hard all equally over the course of time.

everyone has their own opinion mine is based on how good are squad actually is , and yesterday showed that 3-4 players are not good enough to help our challenge to win silverware to fight on all fronts we needed 2-3 quality players this window which to be fair is notoriously difficult to obtain ,still be delirious with League and cup

standupifyouhatemanu said:
I find this quite amazing.

When I was was stood at Edgeley Park getting beaten 3-1, wet through with no hope, when we where visiting Macc, Swindon, Port Vale etc etc, when we were averaging 1 goal a month under psycho I would have given anything to play Chelsea and Barca within 3 days of each other and be planning a Wembley trip a couple of weeks later!

This is awesome, all the years in the wilderness and the rags glory years. Drink it in, it may not last for ever!

This.

Lets take the opportunities when they are presented.

It was inevitable that this kind of thing would happen. It´s the price of success. Scum dealt with all this during their heyday. Just think a clever signing or two (loanee even ) could help alleviate any probs with injuries and fatigue. I do think however that these types of fixture bunch ups can produce a self perpetuating adrenaline flow where players get off on the high of playing a run of high octane games.

Gonna be real interesting
Time to get a good case of Rioja in me thinks!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.