FA Cup 5th Round Draw (against Chelsea Home)

All you lot on here doing the 'whys and wherefores' of these series of fixtures are mentally fragile.

All we need to do is play the next fixture that's in front of us and that my friends is Spurs!

By the time the Sunderland game arrives, who really knows where we will be in the league and what injuries will be hampering us.

In short, we have a series of games to play between now and the end of the season and we take them one at a time, playing our best team every game. If the games won after 60 minutes then, and only then rest players!

One game at a time, it's the only way to do it!

If Pellegrini was daft enough to be planning 4 weeks in advance then he's sure to start tripping up by not concentrating on the immediate task in hand.

One game at a time.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Jesus fucking Christ.
What a small time defeatist attitude some folk have.
Years in the wilderness, and now we fear nobody.
Except some of us still do.
But I'm sure they're right, as they always are.

I'll expand the logic.

Let's say that you've put your life on a game of football for some insane reason. I don't know, aliens have hypnotised you or some shite.

You can pick the team that Manchester City have to beat to save your life. Both teams will play their best players and try to win.

Your choices are Chelsea or Harrogate Railway Athletic. Which do you pick?

This is what I meant by winning mentality. Winning mentality isn't rag arrogance that we're going to twat every team in the world 5-0. Winning mentality is being focused on winning trophies by any means necessary. Our job of winning trophies would have been easier if we drew Harrogate Railway Athletic than it would if we drew Chelsea, so that is the favoured outcome. Anything that is the favoured outcome that allows us to realise our goal of winning trophies is the option that we want.

It's not a "small time mentality" to suggest that Chelsea is going to be a harder game than some of the other options.

cleavers said:
grim up north said:
brummie blue said:
Five home games in February now, going to be a season defining month.

And expensive :-)
My biggest problem with it. Are seaon card holders still on the promise of £15 tickets for the 5th round ?
Supposed to be up to the semi finals isn't it?

Didsbury Dave said:
Danamy said:
johnny on the spot said:
I get your point, but I see it as great mind game rhetoric from Mourinho. Does he mean City have a long way to go, or actually his own Chelsea team?

Is it a jibe at his opponents, or a mitigating statement for the team he's still building? Is he critiquing us or motivating them?

He's played the media perfectly there.

None of the above, he's shitting himself, the draw was his worst nightmare.

It's a get out clause if his team gets owned twice in a month at our place, "we're work in progress" blah blah blah

It makes a change from "City should win everything with that squad" quote though?

He's laying down the old win/win scenario but deep down he's shitting himself.

MP has a score to settle, I think he's all in for this fixture..........

That's exactly how I read it, too, fella. Most managerial "mind games" are simply in the minds of fans. This is Mourinho managing expectations and taking pressure off himself and his squad. He knows we have a better team. As you say, I suspect MP is desperate to get some payback on him.

We have our history but you are spot on her Dave- Fantastic draw for City, especially Le Arse v Red Dippers.

standupifyouhatemanu said:
I find this quite amazing.

When I was was stood at Edgeley Park getting beaten 3-1, wet through with no hope, when we where visiting Macc, Swindon, Port Vale etc etc, when we were averaging 1 goal a month under psycho I would have given anything to play Chelsea and Barca within 3 days of each other and be planning a Wembley trip a couple of weeks later!

This is awesome, all the years in the wilderness and the rags glory years. Drink it in, it may not last for ever!

Great post....and I was at that County game too.

Enjoy the ride, blues....

typical city these days is winning the quadruple with last miniute goals in every final and comingfrom 2 behind in the last league game to win the title

It is a bad draw. Reading everyone's comments and looking at both teams commitments I would think Chelsea will put out a full strength team and we will put out a "competitive" team. Our first half yesterday showed that perhaps the FA Cup is not a priority this year. We sandwich the Chelsea Barca games with Sunderland and Stoke (4 home games in 11 days). The Premiership is the priority for me and with all our tough away games beating Sunderland and Stoke is an absolute must.

4 Home matches in a span of 10 DAYS?! (Sunderland/Chelsea/Barca/Stoke) From the view in the States missing out on some brilliant times around the Etihad... all just after my birthday? fuck me, then at Old Trafford, then Wembley?! Come On City!

Mourinho is an odious rag/ferguson cock sucker and i want us to batter his bunch of chavs in the 2 up and coming games, play your mind games as much as you want Jose you are shitting it...bring it on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.