FA Cup 5th Round Draw (against Chelsea Home)

samharris said:
Damocles said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Jesus fucking Christ.
What a small time defeatist attitude some folk have.
Years in the wilderness, and now we fear nobody.
Except some of us still do.
But I'm sure they're right, as they always are.

I'll expand the logic.

Let's say that you've put your life on a game of football for some insane reason. I don't know, aliens have hypnotised you or some shite.

You can pick the team that Manchester City have to beat to save your life. Both teams will play their best players and try to win.

Your choices are Chelsea or Harrogate Railway Athletic. Which do you pick?

This is what I meant by winning mentality. Winning mentality isn't rag arrogance that we're going to twat every team in the world 5-0. Winning mentality is being focused on winning trophies by any means necessary. Our job of winning trophies would have been easier if we drew Harrogate Railway Athletic than it would if we drew Chelsea, so that is the favoured outcome. Anything that is the favoured outcome that allows us to realise our goal of winning trophies is the option that we want.

It's not a "small time mentality" to suggest that Chelsea is going to be a harder game than some of the other options.

Heres where this goes to pot..

We didnt have a choice fella!! but its how we deal with the cards we are dealt..
We did have a choice in formations tactics motivation determination and the way we played against Bayern at home and on all counts we were dreadful. We also had the choice to go all out for a 2-4 win at Bayern but somewhere along the line someone didn't know the rules.

With that we've ended up with Barça three days after the draw we had no choice over as it was a lottery, instead of Olympiacos a week and a half later.

Damocles said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Jesus fucking Christ.
What a small time defeatist attitude some folk have.
Years in the wilderness, and now we fear nobody.
Except some of us still do.
But I'm sure they're right, as they always are.

I'll expand the logic.

Let's say that you've put your life on a game of football for some insane reason. I don't know, aliens have hypnotised you or some shite.

You can pick the team that Manchester City have to beat to save your life. Both teams will play their best players and try to win.

Your choices are Chelsea or Harrogate Railway Athletic. Which do you pick?

This is what I meant by winning mentality. Winning mentality isn't rag arrogance that we're going to twat every team in the world 5-0. Winning mentality is being focused on winning trophies by any means necessary. Our job of winning trophies would have been easier if we drew Harrogate Railway Athletic than it would if we drew Chelsea, so that is the favoured outcome. Anything that is the favoured outcome that allows us to realise our goal of winning trophies is the option that we want.

It's not a "small time mentality" to suggest that Chelsea is going to be a harder game than some of the other options.

I get all that, but if we don't put the 'big' teams out, then it's unlikely that the minnows will either.
So either we put them out early doors, or face them later in the tournament.
I'd rather we did that at our earliest convenience, therefore clearing an easier route to Wembley.
Some folk on here reckon it's a bad draw, but if you went on a Chelsea website I very much doubt many folk are relishing the prospect.
We have an unparalleled home record that means we should fear no one.

Just checked out the Shed End, can not find a single mention of the cup draw, mind they only got 25 pages on todays game. Small club, little support...

Has anyone found a Chelsea forum to guage their reactions to the draw

Re: FA Cup 5th Round Draw

ManCityX said:
Pigeonho said:
ManCityX said:
Pidge once again slipping into rag mode. Dismissing City fans but slipping in the United references.
Are you thick? They are out of it. I'm saying if this was them bein so soft then those moaning on here would be the first to take the piss, and rightly so.

Now now. You don't want to get warned again for slagging off the club/other supporters.
The club certainly isn't being slagged off. The supporters? No, they're not either. You need to man up if you think anything I said is akin to slagging off.

MaineRoadBlue said:
All you lot on here doing the 'whys and wherefores' of these series of fixtures are mentally fragile.

All we need to do is play the next fixture that's in front of us and that my friends is Spurs!

This and only this.

For years we craved big games and now we have some are scared of them ffs. Enjoy them it sure as hell beats losing to Halifax etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.