FA cup against the rags - is NOW sold out {merged}

Re: FA cup against the rags - why isn't it sold out yet?

All season ticket holders had to do was register for the cup scheme, you would have played £15 for a ticket and got either 100 or 200 bonus loyalty points. If United knock us out you don’t have to buy any more tickets and keep the bonus points. If we knock them out and we’re drawn at home in a later round and you don’t want / can’t afford to go then cancel the cup scheme and all you’ll lose is the bonus loyalty points.

Re the cost remember that City have to agree the prices with Ushited for a cup game. I seem to recall that for the CC the other year we wanted to charge around £25 for a ticket and they said no way. You will probably find that Ushited wanted normal league prices to apply for this game as well but no decent journalist has bothered to find out. Maybe the twats on TalkShite can ask the question.

Is anyone not feeling the same as me on this that it seems to of backfired on city by giving out cheap tickets the last few years? People moaning at £40 tickets need to get a grip it's a derby at home to united basically no travel costs it's embarrassing if we don't sell out although I think we will. Why do people expect tickets to be dirt cheap. Yet another reason to join the cup scheme

bored at work said:
Thank Twatini's financial "fair" play crusade. Even last year I think this game would have been £25.
I don't know how many times it needs to be pointed out, but these ticket prices are nothing to do with FFP. Because the FA Cup revenue is shared between the clubs (and the FA), they (all) have to agree on the price.

I suspect United (and perhaps the FA too) didn't want to lose any revenue, and since City had said that all cup tickets would be £15 for those on the scheme, some compromise had to be made on the prices, so that United (and perhaps the FA) felt they were getting their fare share.

cleavers said:
bored at work said:
Thank Twatini's financial "fair" play crusade. Even last year I think this game would have been £25.
I don't know how many times it needs to be pointed out, but these ticket prices are nothing to do with FFP. Because the FA Cup revenue is shared between the clubs (and the FA), they (all) have to agree on the price.

I suspect United (and perhaps the FA too) didn't want to lose any revenue, and since City had said that all cup tickets would be £15 for those on the scheme, some compromise had to be made on the prices, so that United (and perhaps the FA) felt they were getting their fare share.

I stand corrected if true. However, the club is being forced to look at ways to generate extra revenue, ticket prices being one of the obvious things to look at.

I'm flying in Sunday morning back Sunday evening,flight price over double price of ticket. Can't for th life of me understand people not going if they can afford it...try laying off booze for a month or sacrifice a night or two out...It's the only way I can afford to watch City

Because my fucking boss won't give me the day off :,(

Who the fuck is blue simon?

don't you worry you rag - it'll be sold out.

unlike the majority of your home games this season...palace at home springs to mind.

bored at work said:
I stand corrected if true. However, the club is being forced to look at ways to generate extra revenue, ticket prices being one of the obvious things to look at.
Ticket prices are the least effective way of increasing revenue, though it is happening, and was inevitible. The difference between 48000 @£15 each, and 48000 @£40 each is only £1.2m (some of this would be shared in the cup), so lets say 6 domestic home cup games each season (unlikely), and its less then £8m per season, so might cover the wages of just one of our more expensive players each season, therefore its little or nothing to do with FFP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.