FA Cup, Europa League or top 4.

no top 4 = no top players coming and possibly current players becoming disillusioned and leaving. We need CL now for the trophies to start rolling in.

Can anyone confirm then that if Chelsea or Spurs win the Champs League and we finish 4th ahead of one of them we would miss out? Top 3 is a must!

I'm surprised how many people actually give a shit about some banner a rival club has put up

I wanna end our trophyless streak for its own sake, and for the psychological boost it would give us to get that millstone off our necks, the 'open the floodgates' effect so to speak.

I don't give a fuck about some banner or a whole stadium of banners for that matter

southern muppet said:
I'm surprised how many people actually give a shit about some banner a rival club has put up

I wanna end our trophyless streak for its own sake, and for the psychological boost it would give us to get that millstone off our necks, the 'open the floodgates' effect so to speak.

I don't give a fuck about some banner or a whole stadium of banners for that matter

Well said. The only problem is prioritizing a trophy over getting into the CL. Players like who we have want to be competing at the highest level. We need to give that to them, and our future purchases, to have hope of really sustaining a top level presence. Don't get me wrong, I'd love the whole bus tour round town with a trophy, but for the sake of the future this season we need CL. Once established then we can end the trophy drought. This isn't going to come over night.

Ideally of course we would like top 3. Skip the worry. But anyone who thinks we're finishing top 3 this season obviously isn't a City fan! :D

Mad Ferret said:
no top 4 = no top players coming and possibly current players becoming disillusioned and leaving. We need CL now for the trophies to start rolling in.

This. In the summer have a massive clearout of what we consider the "deadwood" and bring in some top class Champs league players.

One last spending spree to bring in the right players and focus on winning some trophies rather simply playing for them.

Pezzer2 said:
Can anyone confirm then that if Chelsea or Spurs win the Champs League and we finish 4th ahead of one of them we would miss out? Top 3 is a must!
That's what I think. If a non-top 4 team wins the CL (think Dipperpool im 2005), then that team gets automatic entry into the following season's competition at the expense of the 4th placed team. To contradict myself, IIRC 5 English sides were actually allowed into the CL in 05/06, purely because it had never happened and UEFA hadn't made any plans for such a happening (surprise, surprise). As it goes, it didn't really matter anyway as Everton fucked up in the qualifying round (I think).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.