FA Cup Final loss in 1981 or Luton 83?

Luton by a mile, but one thing i do remember was the big crowd singing "we'll support you evermore at the end. I was only young but this made a massive impression on me.
That was an emotional moment. It was a slow melancholic version - sad but defiant. Weirdly one of of my favourite City moments.

Both really but the loss in 81 was my first City kick in the bollocks and the first time I realised I loved City and she was like a girlfriend who would never leave me despite the fact she would promise so much and deliver so little (at the time). I cried that day for the first time over football and generated a hatred for Spurs I have never lost.

fa cup by far.... We could come back from a relegation,but loosing a trophy in Wembley.....still hurts me.

Didn't like either results but Spurs champions league, Wigan F A cup, Chelsea Champions league final and Monaco /Lyon results annoyed me more.

Both spurs and Lutons didn't move on from their wins whereas we have.
Spurs have won feck all since and don't like they will.
People on here talk about the bad old days we've had.
Imagine being a Luton supporter.
David Pleats "Hush Puppy" waltz was only a short term celebration.
They've been relegated, demoted for financial problems, ended up in the conference, played on a plastic pitch, sell any decent player and their ground is horrendous and once had a manager voted in by a supporters popularity vote.
Where they are now in the league is incredible.
This, and I take a lot of satisfaction whenever things go wrong for any of Spurs, Wigan or Luton.

With hindsight the Luton dancing on the pitch incident was really twattish. I know they escaped relegation but I still think it was classless behaviour given that we went down.

Last edited:
The 81 final hurt me more than anything . I was 10 at the time and fa cup final was the highlight of the season back then .
I’ve hated Spurs more than any other club ever since .
83 a couple of years older and the typical city in me had kicked in by then .
Toxic atmosphere that day in north stand

Being a teenager at the time, both were awful to comprehend.
The cup final defeat was so sudden and cruel whilst the relegation was drawn out agony.

Think Dennis Tueart spoke for us all when he twatted Brian Horton in the tunnel after the Luton game.
That was and will always be my worst moment, though I hate spuds and their, big headed for no reason whatsoever shitehawk supporters, and probably because of 81.
Wigan pissed me off before 2013 as they always seemed to get a result against us the final defeat made the dislike even more. They still whinge to this day about the Goat scoring the play off semi final winner.

The 81 loss was the bigger blow to me personally went to the first game but not midweek replay).The cup was obviously bigger then, huge build up for a week , first trip to Wembley with City. Have never been able to watch that game since and still have a dislike of spurs that can't shake off. Could not go to replay and had a big family do that evening, spent most of it watching the match to be gutted at the end wit the red side of the family taking the p*ss. By the Luton game I was a bit more thick skinned and pessimistic, Francis had gone , Bond went and Benson was put in charge and thought we had settled for mid table mediocrity but never that simple at City and can't remember us winning a game under Benson. Never had the same dislike of Luton and the hatred of Pleat slowly disappeared as that result and relegation was down to the running of the club and Swales.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.