FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

Still fucking fuming about Madley and VAR for our "penalties".

Ref gives nothing 'cause he wants to leave it to VAR to give the correct decision, VAR look at it and say not enough to overturn the ref's "decision". What fucking decision?????????

Penalty and red card after about a minute.

Penalty and red card midway through the second half.

Do your fucking jobs you cluless cheating fucking wankers, we were shit but you lot were shitter. Twats!

But, in spite of all that, it hurts to get beat by them today.

If that doesn't cut to your heart, you're not a true blue.

But, in spite of all that, it hurts to get beat by them today.

If that doesn't cut to your heart, you're not a true blue.
Behave
The first half hour was a nothing game. We gifted the opening goal but I was still calm as I believed it would be a wake up call. The second goal was a killer blow as it gave them something to sit back on for the rest of the game. We huffed and puffed in the 2nd but the goal was too late. I feel if Alvarez puts his away there was enough time to patiently claw back the next. Haaland cracked the bar and a few balls fizzed through that on another day someone puts it away.

It is a gutting end to a great season. Ultimately our success is defined by leagues and we still got it done while under immense pressure. Was it wise to have players out on the lash going into a final? Probably not but then I respect the ebbs and flows of this title race has been a bottled up feeling of "we can not drop a single point" for weeks and that was relief that it was all over. For the other lot this game was their be all and end all.
Absolutely spot on analogy. I love Alvarez, but he's gotta score that.

Staying over in Hillingdon, pub/hotel full of Blues not a rag in sight. Thought we got our first 11 wrong, Stones and Ake starting over Dias and Akanji was a mistake and with Kovacic and Rodri starting it negates the need for Stones stepping into midfield. There should be no sentiment in football. Hopefully the team will look at themselves and ask how the hell this rag team beat us and use it to push on next season again. Went into Boxpark after the game and had a riot for 2 hours dancing, singing and celebrating. Back to the hotel and its been the same here, blues laughing and pissed up. Yes nobody wanted to lose to the worst Rag team in Premier League history but if there's one thing us Blues know how to do best, that's how to celebrate a defeat. Now lets go and make it 5 in a row.

I feared for this kinda loss the last 8 or so games of the season, but it never came.

Am I glad it came in a cup game against the Rags? No. But do I prefer it came now over any other time in the s
Run in? I suppose, yes.

That's said, there's a postmortem to had here and this loss puts us in the correct mindset about the season.

We won the league because we developed a champions mentality and a well seasoned run-in DNA.

Some of our best players just kept stepping up in the run - in, but it finally was a step too far.

Great season: Happy as can be. That title run was epic. And nothing can bring me down from that high.

But my season ends report shall follow:

Still fucking fuming about Madley and VAR for our "penalties".

Ref gives nothing 'cause he wants to leave it to VAR to give the correct decision, VAR look at it and say not enough to overturn the ref's "decision". What fucking decision?????????

Penalty and red card after about a minute.

Penalty and red card midway through the second half.

Do your fucking jobs you cluless cheating fucking wankers, we were shit but you lot were shitter. Twats!
Didn’t think either were penalty’s tbh , each to their own opinion obviously but if either had been given against us I’d be furious.
Football would be shit if it was predictable and being on the wrong end of a defeat like that makes the winning taste so much better whe we do 5 in a row next year.

Yeah, but it usually happens before the final. Once you get to the final, the better team really should be turning up. All the motivation you need is there. If we'd spent the whole game peppering their goal and the goalkeeper played a blinder and they'd won with a lucky breakaway, then fair enough. But that was shite.
We were massively below our best but had twice as many shots as them with 75 per cent possession.

Win or lose, it doesn't make the journey home from Wembley any quicker or slower.

Today pretty well summed up our season in many ways. Pedestrian build up, no movement, even being brainless at times. It was like watching a Subbuteo game. One player moving with the ball while the rest stopped still. Where is the incisive movement, the runs into the half channels? When Doku was on the ball another player came over to double up with his marker. That left a gap in what used to be called the inside left channel for a City player to go into but no one moved for him and he had to do it all himself. Where was the movement and passing that led to Sané scoring that incredible goal at Arsenal? Where's the dynamism gone? I struggle to see how we won the title sometimes.

KDB has been a shadow of the player he was. Bernardo has been very pedestrian most of the season. Foden has carried us but had a very poor game today. And unless we were trying to help Poundland Pep keep his job, why start a very rusty Ake & Stones in a final? Haaland's technique, or lack of it, pisses me off, as well as his propensity to stroll around and exhibit no urgency to close down. You do wonder if too many players have become too complacent. Pep needs to look everyone in the eye this summer and decide if they've got the fight in them.

Just won 4 in a row the year after a treble having gone 35 games without defeat.

The only thing brainless on show is your own comments.

Beyond ignorant.

Just got in bed. What an absolute travesty of a performance by our boys. No words can describe the gut-wrenching feeling. Long day out. Absolutely gutted. Feel empty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.