FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

Not lashing out, ffs, I've had many disappointing long days out but I've never gone to a game with the expectation we definitely would win.

Express thoughts but to slag the Manager and Team off makes a lot on here sound like entitled cunts.

We owe so much to our club, appreciate where we are.

Sorry to break the news but you don't owe them anything, they don't do it for you:-)

The loss will help us refresh the team.

If we are sentimental, we won’t win anything big next season.

In contrast to last season, we were a bit lackluster in the big games. The energy and concentration levels weren't the same.

Kevin and Bernardo shouldn't be guaranteed starters, unless they are in top form. Stones should be moved if he continues to miss many games through injuries. He turns 30 in 2 days. Kyle turns 34 but he's in a much better physical condition and can stay as a squad player for another 1-2 years. Plus he's more of a leader than Stones.

Grealish...Don't know what's the problem with him. Maybe we'll need a new winger.

So, we need to sign two midfielders (one who can replace Rodri in some games or play next to him, e.g., Guimaraes , 1-2 defenders and a winger (Savio?).

I agree, the one thing I find amazing, it’s the most historic cup competition in the world, and has become the most dis respected competition in our country, largely because of the premier league, I am shocked that because sky monopolise everything else they havn’t approached the fa and got hold of it, and re invigorated it, pumping millions into it, it should have big prize money for clubs, for reaching the latter stages, and maybe 20 million for the winners, it could become great again, but I think it will further get lost in the scramble for elite European leagues
It's always been that way just we all fell for the hype.

Back in the day the FA Cup winners got more praise and publicity than the champions of the old first division, WTF.

The whole world does NOT stop to watch the final, that is a myth.

Wembley old and new is a shot hole, it's not the "home" of football.

It's always been that way just we all fell for the hype.

Back in the day the FA Cup winners got more praise and publicity than the champions of the old first division, WTF.

The whole world does NOT stop to watch the final, that is a myth.

Wembley old and new is a shot hole, it's not the "home" of football.

you might be right, but there was a time you could remember every final, watch all the build up, it felt big, maybe cos there was fuck all else about, it will never come back that’s for sure.

100% and the FA Cup is the most overrated competition in the world.

Like everything in the UK , tradition is holding it back, Abide with me, FFS
Cannot agree with that. The value of a cup competition is determined by what it means to people, the fact you consider it overrated highlights to many it still means a hell of a lot to people.
I agree, the one thing I find amazing, it’s the most historic cup competition in the world, and has become the most dis respected competition in our country, largely because of the premier league, I am shocked that because sky monopolise everything else they havn’t approached the fa and got hold of it, and re invigorated it, pumping millions into it, it should have big prize money for clubs, for reaching the latter stages, and maybe 20 million for the winners, it could become great again, but I think it will further get lost in the scramble for elite European leagues

Could not agree more. Just to add removing the tradition is eroding it. Should be last game of the season, 3pm kick off, no more midweek games etc.

Adding a champions Lge place for the winner I think would make the biggest difference.

Its still has more value than other european finals but we need to cherish it to ensure it maintains that magic.

you might be right, but there was a time you could remember every final, watch all the build up, it felt big, maybe cos there was fuck all else about, it will never come back that’s for sure.
Because it was basically the only game shown live, it was nostalgic romance.

The PL and CL are far , far better competitions.

Poor team selection from Pep ( Stones,Doku etc) - shades of brain farts CL2021 and first half vs Villa 2022 final game.
Gifted them the first goal.
Poor finishing from Alvarez.
Unlucky Haaland hit the bar.
We were poor but still the better side. Utd deserved it as the underdogs although they were extremely lucky to even be in the final.
Should not have been out on the lash on Sunday because although it probably didn't make any difference it invites the questions if you lose which of course will now happen.
Particularly since some are alleging the piss up extended well into the week. While somewhat annoyed at our non show yesterday we must accept that it took a supreme effort to win that league this year. I did not think we could do it until the last weeks. In some respects it was a bigger achievement than the treble.
The sheer relief felt by the players after the West Ham game was bound to spark celebrations that had an end of season feel about them. Simply put, they were physically and mentally unprepared to face into a Cup Final.

Absolute nonsense. The value of a cup competition is determined by what it means to people, the fact you consider it overrated highlights to many it still means a hell of a lot to people.

Could not agree more. Just to add removing the tradition is eroding it. Should be last game of the season, 3pm kick off, no more midweek games etc.

Adding a champions Lge place for the winner I think would make the biggest difference.

Its still has more value than other european finals but we need to cherish it to ensure it maintains that magic.
LOL better than the Champions League, FFS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.