FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

Worst night sleep in years, so many weird dreams.
In one, I was working behind a bar with a row of angry customers waiting to be served and I had no idea how to pour a drink or use the till, clueless.
A metaphor for our clueless performance yesterday, possibly. Or maybe just the bar service at the etihad. Fuck knows, glad when I woke up anyway.

Did any of the highlights show more than one replay of the Haaland penalty appeal from early on in the game? It got glossed over really quickly, but looked like was elbowed in the back. Would like to see different angles of it to see if there was anything in it.
It was a nailed on foul. It gets given anywhere else on the pitch, but VAR looks at the 'dropping zone' for pen appeals from crosses and obviously decided Haaland wouldn't have got to it.

Did any of the highlights show more than one replay of the Haaland penalty appeal from early on in the game? It got glossed over really quickly, but looked like was elbowed in the back. Would like to see different angles of it to see if there was anything in it.

I have seen both, i Just don’t think either merited enough for a penalty, I was vey disappointed in the big man yesterday, offered nothing, and didn’t do the basics well enough

Worst night sleep in years, so many weird dreams.
In one, I was working behind a bar with a row of angry customers waiting to be served and I had no idea how to pour a drink or use the till, clueless.
A metaphor for our clueless performance yesterday, possibly. Or maybe just the bar service at the etihad. Fuck knows, glad when I woke up anyway.
I was hoping I woke up and it was all a very bad dream, sadly it was reality.

They are all second rate, our preparations showed what Pep genuinely thinks about the FA Cup.

It's a myth, as said the world does NOT watch on in amazement at this final.

The PL and CL are the ultimate and rightly so, the elite competitions.

In the early rounds of the FA Cup , even Championship teams play weakened elevens.

I would not argue that those two are above it for many and I don't think the world looks on in amazement but football
is about feeling and emotion and the FA Cup, whether its nostalgia or not, draws out those emotions in an incredible number of people.

So you can try and find reasons to devalue it as much as you can, but you cannot change what people feel, which is what sport is all about.

Didn’t think either were penalty’s tbh , each to their own opinion obviously but if either had been given against us I’d be furious.
Football would be shit if it was predictable and being on the wrong end of a defeat like that makes the winning taste so much better whe we do 5 in a row next year.

Thought the first one wasn't but the second was. Only saw both replays once mind.

Pissed off with the choke yesterday but we've still had a fantastic season.
I don't hold much for the " we were running on fumes" theory, these players will be running around like spring chickens in the international tournaments coming up.
Attitude was all wrong yesterday, seemed as if Pep & the players thought we only had to turn up to win, some of the players just didn't work hard enough & you can rarely usually say that about us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.