FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

It wasn’t our day and the first half was a shocker. Credit to Doku for cha going the game and we could easily have taken it into extra time with the chances we had.

I was a bit shocked at some of our fans leaving from 15 minutes to go and our support on the day was bang average:

have to agree, last season our end was bouncing, yesterday i thought it was pretty poor, but events on the pitch didn't help, 2 lads in front of me gave up with 20 minutes to go, and fucked off. Football matches are won, when there is fire in the belly, from the stands and the pitch and that is sadly lacking, the truth is we will never get an end at wembley like we had at Fulham only 2 weeks earlier, the dynamic is completely different, and Wembley is pretty shit, the disconnect between the top tier and the bottom is huge

Agree with all of these. Would prefer to keep Bernie of course. Also think Kev will be saved for the big games next season and Walker will play less for the same reason. A big transition really.
Not all will go but im probably in the camp that it needs freshening up a bit.

Gonna be tuff if we lose a KDB/Bernardo but we need at least one player who can help break down a low block imo (similar to how Doku will hopefully).

2 mins first half was wrong to start with but I’m boring and I timed 55 secs of it being wasted waiting for the free kick to be taken which the incompetent **** of a ref didn’t add one second of on to the end of the 2 mins

7 mins second half was more realistically 15.

We need a rugby style stopped clock system

In those 7 mins Onana had about 2 or 3 goal kicks too each soaking up the best part of 45-60 seconds apiece. They also had 2 substitutions in stoppage time. Ref still blew the whistle bang on 7 minutes. It happens every game so it isn't an isolated incident, but you're never going to stop time wasting when it's clearly so effective. Even if the 7 mins of stoppage time was correct the ref should have probably blew on 10-11 minutes.

Reckon Dias was left out for a reason.

Over celebrated perhaps (got form), possibly not fit or being punished?

Starting Stones and Ake was suicide.

Ake is OK but he is no way a leader in that defence, absolutely not.

Stones has hardly played yet thrown straight in?

1 of them should have started, not both.

Ah well, move on.

Honestly I hope they all feel fucking pissed off. We deserved nothing yesterday. We weren't unlucky, they were just piss poor. They deserve a break and bit of time off. Winning the league was immense but this fucking final defeat should be fuel to the fire... added motivation. No victims feeling sorry for themselves once they've had time to come round.

Hope they do something next year like they did with the 4 in a row this year. They had a sign in the training room that said, "nobody has won 4 in a row...yet"... Next season they should put a picture of those red twats holding the cup (specifically fernandes as hes the biggest prick of them all), next to a picture of Arteta (celebrating beating us at The Emirates) next to a picture of Real running onto the pitch after the penalty shoot out. Turn pain into ruthless motivation. If they want me to mock up such a picture, I'll do it for a handsome fee. Forward this to the club please
The players were utterly gassed.

They put everything into winning winning a record breaking FOUR IN A ROW which no other club has achieved in English football history.

They ran on adrenaline for 6 weeks and the adrenaline drop following that achievement will have left them empty if not exhausted......they were running on empty.

Peps decision not to keep the same team and system agin WHU backfired, however.......

Many clubs win a 6 game Cup of chance, but NO CLUB IN OVER 130 YEARS OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL HAS PLAYED 152 LEAGUE GAMES TO WIN FOUR LEAGUE TITLES IN A ROW !!

It is an immense achievement of which we should be immensely proud.

Manchester thanks you Sheikh Mansour.

DELICIOUS !!

Reckon Dias was left out for a reason.

Over celebrated perhaps (got form), possibly not fit or being punished?

Starting Stones and Ake was suicide.

Ake is OK but he is no way a leader in that defence, absolutely not.

Stones has hardly played yet thrown straight in?

1 of them should have started, not both.

Ah well, move on.
It was Ortega and Gvardiol at fault for that first goal though wasn’t it? For me that was the single most important crucial turning point on the whole game. It gave their players belief and that bit extra energy, desire etc after they had been written off beforehand.

For us, I just think we were going back to the well once too often, and there just wasn’t enough there this time. A match too far.

Am I allowed to say I found yesterday boring ?
It was a terrible game of football fucking awful.
One day I would love City to kick off by giving the ball to the park the bus team and we retreat to our 18 yard box.
What the fuck would happen lol two teams not moving from their 18yd box.

Why should City try to win and play straight into the bus team ? We should say bollocks we are parking the bus you come and break us down. After all the team that parks the bus and wins are applauded by the press/media for a fantastic set up.

Honestly for a cup final I think Coventry would have given the fans a better game.

Yes we seem a stronger more complete team who as a general rule tends to find the answers but I loved watching that centurions teams, they were so exciting to watch.
.....attractive yes, but we lacked the control in CL games to win them.

This team slaughtered Munich and Madrid last year to get us to Istanbul.

Cup tie football or CUP WINNERS !!

Am I allowed to say I found yesterday boring ?
It was a terrible game of football fucking awful.
One day I would love City to kick off by giving the ball to the park the bus team and we retreat to our 18 yard box.
What the fuck would happen lol two teams not moving from their 18yd box.

Why should City try to win and play straight into the bus team ? We should say bollocks we are parking the bus you come and break us down. After all the team that parks the bus and wins are applauded by the press/media for a fantastic set up.

Honestly for a cup final I think Coventry would have given the fans a better game.

Don't think there is any doubt about it.

The rags only have 1 effective tactic .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.