FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

As yesterday and the Arsenal game showed, teams now know that if they stay deep and compact we will struggle.
Most lower teams have been doing that for years PB, but we generally overcome it.

It's only recently that the big clubs have started doing it (excluding united as they've tried it for years too), they've worked out it's the only way, it's so negative but heyho, in arsenal's case doing that may (we'll never know) have cost them the league, I was working with one of their fans a couple of days ago, and they were his thoughts anyway.

Well said.

By the way folks we played the last league game a week today, that’s SUNDAY not Saturday as I keep reading in postings.

This team, these players, have given everything for the past few years. We’ve broken more records than anyone thought possible. They practically leave their blood, sweat and tears on the pitch for US.

I’ve had 17 hrs to mull over this and can’t believe how entitled some people are coming across as.

Last week I kept reading, oh we’ll walk this, we’ll beat them easily etc., etc., etc., and I kept thinking, no we don’t have a God given right to win this and many a slip between cup and lip.

Maybe I’ve had too many years of typical City but until the whistle blows at the end of the game I am never 100% sure we will win.

Let’s celebrate the victories we have had this season and try to remember that we are still, THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD.

Sorry to be positive but hey ho, my Great-Grandson had a fabulous day out and Zoom called me last night (via Dad’s phone) to tell me how much he’d enjoyed it and, as I said earlier, he said we won the league and were 31 points ahead of the other team playing yesterday.

A young fan who will grow up remembering his first Wembley visit positively. :-)

Onwards and upwards with the Boys in Blue.
:-) :-)
Glad he had a good time, my first Wembley visit was a defeat, went back 2 years later to watch us win.

It was Ortega and Gvardiol at fault for that first goal though wasn’t it? For me that was the single most important crucial turning point on the whole game. It gave their players belief and that bit extra energy, desire etc after they had been written off beforehand.

For us, I just think we were going back to the well once too often, and there just wasn’t enough there this time. A match too far.
I agree with all of what you say but i’d maybe add the caveat that the single most important turning point in the game was not getting the pen in the first minute, if we get that we probably win at a canter

Our end was crap, sorry but it was. Added to the fact there was quite a bit of blue on blue around us due to some wanting to sit down in a cup final FFS. Just a shit day at the office but fuck it, we'll be there in numbers on Deansgate tonight again ole ole

In those 7 mins Onana had about 2 or 3 goal kicks too each soaking up the best part of 45-60 seconds apiece. They also had 2 substitutions in stoppage time. Ref still blew the whistle bang on 7 minutes. It happens every game so it isn't an isolated incident, but you're never going to stop time wasting when it's clearly so effective. Even if the 7 mins of stoppage time was correct the ref should have probably blew on 10-11 minutes.
Could have played 30 minutes and we wouldn’t of scored

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.