FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

Well, I'm currently in Alicante and got absolutely fucking leathered yesterday. Was the only Blue in a bar, Welsh and Yorkshire reds abound. Ended up with a sound older Red from Wythenshawe and aside from the result actually had a decent afternoon with him. The mrs found me throwing up naked in the hotel room bog in the early hours. Had to go down this morning and check I hadn't been sick anywhere else as I genuinely don't remember how I got back.
It’s alright city actually won in the end.

Agree with all of this and like you had expressed the celebrations as a cause for concern to others on the lead up to the game.

To put some context to it. Yesterday I had roughly 4.5 pints spread out over the course of the day. Never felt pissed, went to bed at a reasonable hour and slept soundly. Woke up absolutely fine and felt good all day. Nothing to get stressed over apart from our performance yesterday. Today I had maybe a slightly reduced appetite and marginally elevated resting heart rate. Just got in from a 7ish mile run and my performance was down about 8 percent on where I'd usually be. 4.5 pints is something I'd have drunk in little over an hour in my 'prime' and drinking with my rugby mates. I felt perfectly fine at attempting that distance and still had a drop off of that significance in performance. If people don't think a heavy session a few days before the final had an impact yesterday then they have their head in the sand as opposed to the players that probably had their heads in a shed most of the week. They're never going to admit to it as what they did was that unprofessional and would rather deflect blame elsewhere to save face. A massive own goal and the decision to approve it is absolutely ridiculous.

Funny you should say that. I played squash up to the age of fifty. I was never technically very good but I loved the game and went for it hell for leather once I was out on the court. If I had two or three pints (or glasses of wine) the day before my game was definitely down. I would notice it. I did find it odd that the players seemed to go in heavily on the celebrations at that point, with a big game still to come. But we don't really know who did what, who had two or three jars on the Saturday or Sunday night, and who got completely bladdered. Anybody who did the latter, I'm absolutely sure that their body would have still been recovering from it yesterday.

I see Kalvin Phillip's decided to watch Leeds today rather than be at the parade. Bye bye Kalvin!

Were any of the many other players who’ve spent all season out on loan, at the parade?

If not, is it bye bye to all of them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.