FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

I've just woken up, still feel a bit tired, achy and drained. A long, long day at Wembley really does take it out of you as you get older. Set off at 6:45, back home just before midnight. Wembley is a great day out when you win but a bloody expensive, draining waste of time when you lose. That's football I guess.

It certainly takes it's toll. I drove down, set off about 8-15 arrived Denham about 12.30, then train to Wembley. Quick £7.25 pint, match, then return journey. Arrived home about 9.45, quick pint, then bed. Still feeling the effects the following day, but still felt duty bound to go to the parade. Managed the departure at the Football museum, puffed and panted half way down Deansgate, then threw in the towel. Definitely feeling the effects today. There's no fun in getting old.

Why sympathy ? If you look at it properly the rags finished 8th with a minus goal difference.
Rags threw away a 3 goal lead in the semi final and needed VAR to cheat them into the final.
City should of had two penalties in the final.
It need City to have a brain fart for them to score.
I fail to see how this is positive.

Take away VAR and we play Coventry in the final.

My Coventry mate is still pissed of about it.

The rags are coming out of the woodwork and getting giddy. Kin hell they couldn't win the fa Cup without outside help lol
Just listened to a small segment of Football Daily with Mark Chapman sneering at the City players walking past the fa cup and saying 'this is what you could have won'. I couldn't listen to much more, especially with Dion Dublin talking crap, as usual, but at least Chapman redeemed himself a little by praising the City players for giving the rags a guard of honour as they collected the cup.

Oh and Shearer was a fucking massive bellend. Particularly creaming himself over uniteds 24% game dominance denying his beloved Toon a European spot, he can get fucked.

I didn't follow the commentary on telly so I imagine he might have been annoying. If you say so, I take your word for it.
But actually I've always found Shearer generally pretty sound in relation to us, by comparison with many other pundits. It usually helps that he doesn't “support” a team who are in direct rivalry with us. The Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal pundits are always suspect on that count. And Micah seems to be bending so far over backwards to be “neutral” that he actually comes over as hostile to us.

Quite, we were never gonna win, establishment didn’t want it, trade off, lose cup to the rags and get off FFP charges, no other explanation for team selection and such a shite first half, just don’t get it! 45 years a blue and that was the most disappointing game I have seen,
The way we played in the first half on Saturday we might not have beaten Coventry!

Bang on mate, I felt like getting involved on Saturday at Harrow because I'd had about 5 pints by the time it was going off. But you realise it's just not worth it when as you say you could end up not coming home, you could get nicked, lose your job, so many pitfalls.
The one thing I'm not getting about that incident is where the fuck were the police. They must've known that having two pubs allocated to rival fans was only going to go one way, but they were nowhere to be seen. This brawl could've gone on for ages and it was only when the lad was layed out on the floor that it calmed down
I was in the Trinity bar and couldn't believe there was no police around till 3 turned up when it was nearly over.
We moved on to the Arch where it was a brilliant atmosphere.
Just blues enjoying themselves.

Just listened to a small segment of Football Daily with Mark Chapman sneering at the City players walking past the fa cup and saying 'this is what you could have won'. I couldn't listen to much more, especially with Dion Dublin talking crap, as usual, but at least Chapman redeemed himself a little by praising the City players for giving the rags a guard of honour as they collected the cup.

Hopefully Clown keeps his job and they remain as shit as last season
It’s great how United now rate the FACup ( the one they withdrew from) as a bigger prize than the league
How times have changed

i reminder if it was needed of how they always revert to an arrogant entitled demeanour whenever they arent completely shit. hopefully the win ensures they go full over the top this summer snd start the boom bust cycle all over again
Get that shit off here

I didn't follow the commentary on telly so I imagine he might have been annoying. If you say so, I take your word for it.
But actually I've always found Shearer generally pretty sound in relation to us, by comparison with many other pundits. It usually helps that he doesn't “support” a team who are in direct rivalry with us. The Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal pundits are always suspect on that count. And Micah seems to be bending so far over backwards to be “neutral” that he actually comes over as hostile to us.

Shearer had a prickly moment with Ten Hag after the game when they asked him if the media criticism of their season was correct. Ten Hag came out with his usual excuses about injuries but Shearer came back at him. Lineker was funny as well interviewing Dalot when he said that they can’t use injuries as an excuse for their poor season. Lineker piped in ‘well your manager just did’ which was pretty funny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.