FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

Only positive to take away from that game is losing to a plucky United who deployed long ball tactics is that the players will have to stew about that one till August which they can use to take themselves into the new season.

Most teams play like that against City, Madrid’s goal at the Etihad happened as the defence allowed Bellingham to take a big punt out of the sky down to mo e the ball on without much pressure. City weren’t aggressive enough in the situations that led to the two goals on Saturday and the tracking of runners for the second was shambolic.

This team has wrestled the title away from Arsenal and Liverpool off the back of winning the treble last year and winning a world club championship in December. This being why we’ve lost key players and hadn’t hit the heights of previous seasons performance wise.

Other observation is on Mainoo, am I the only one who doesn’t get the hype? He did the basics of taking the ball and playing it out wide for the goal and popped up unattended to score. The raggies are getting all weird again making him out to be some type of generational talent. The rest of the game he shuffled around in the two banks of five.
And should have conceded a penalty for his ' great defending'

Erm....you do know any old soccer thugs still alive now would be in their sixties at least? The only video I've seen is of a group of pissed up middle aged blokes rolling around in a road opposite a McDonald's.

There's also nothing clever about violence nor any prizes for participating in it except injuries, possible death, prison and banning orders. That is unless you're a paid fighter of course. Injury, possible death and brain damage are still a possibility even then.

It's the year 2024. Most humans have evolved from primitive savages by now. Mind you we are talking about rags who haven't evolved from nursery school as they still sing the rhymes, so no surprise really.
Bang on mate, I felt like getting involved on Saturday at Harrow because I'd had about 5 pints by the time it was going off. But you realise it's just not worth it when as you say you could end up not coming home, you could get nicked, lose your job, so many pitfalls.
The one thing I'm not getting about that incident is where the fuck were the police. They must've known that having two pubs allocated to rival fans was only going to go one way, but they were nowhere to be seen. This brawl could've gone on for ages and it was only when the lad was layed out on the floor that it calmed down

Only positive to take away from that game is losing to a plucky United who deployed long ball tactics is that the players will have to stew about that one till August which they can use to take themselves into the new season.

Most teams play like that against City, Madrid’s goal at the Etihad happened as the defence allowed Bellingham to take a big punt out of the sky down to mo e the ball on without much pressure. City weren’t aggressive enough in the situations that led to the two goals on Saturday and the tracking of runners for the second was shambolic.

This team has wrestled the title away from Arsenal and Liverpool off the back of winning the treble last year and winning a world club championship in December. This being why we’ve lost key players and hadn’t hit the heights of previous seasons performance wise.

Other observation is on Mainoo, am I the only one who doesn’t get the hype? He did the basics of taking the ball and playing it out wide for the goal and popped up unattended to score. The raggies are getting all weird again making him out to be some type of generational talent. The rest of the game he shuffled around in the two banks of five.
They've always hyped the rag youngsters up to be future balon d'or winners. Too many to mention have ended up being shit and end up plying their trades in piss poor leagues. I honestly think Mainoo looks different though annoyingly, looks to have a cool head on his shoulders for an 18yo old, can spray a good ball about and can find himself in goalscoring positions. Think they've got a good un there

Utd were shit

Why such a high line from the start

Stones should not be playing in that game he’s not march sharp

Bernie should go off with Kev he was that bad

Why no Bob on when we scored 1 & go for it

Sad but pep caused a lot of our issues today
peps worst game EVER for us.

Funny isn't it? We went on the piss 6 days before a final, yet a boxer abstains from 'everything' 2/3 months ahead of a big fight!

Nuff said!!!!!!

It's always struck me that what a boxer does, if he has to go fifteen rounds at elite level, is just about the most hellish thing human beings have invented as a physical (and mental) competition. It's no accident that they have to live like monks for weeks and even months beforehand.
Nobody would begrudge the players their celebrations, for what has been a magnificent season. I just think it's really strange that a week before one final huge game the club (and Pep!) didn't say to them, “Lads, a drink or two this evening, but go very easy, and it's better if you stay on soft drinks, frankly, we've got a massive game against our arch-rivals on the biggest stage. Do the business, and then go out and get wasted if you want.”
We cannot know if anyone's performance was affected at Wembley. But it sure as hell looked like it in the first half. There's no two ways about it — we are hugely better than that rag team, all over the pitch, in every position. They will now believe that they're catching us up. Leave them in their sweet dream…

The change of CB's explains the hesitancy at the back but doesn't explain the dour performance from everyone except Doku.
The change of centre half’s certainly never helped and the cGK, Gvardiol communication (I presume) was terrible for first goal or Gvardiol never
Intended to the shout. That’s said several days for professional athletes getting pissed will have had a negative impact on performance, that’s obvious, the players have played end of season as a Cup Final and never played the Cup final as a Cup final.

I agree, I think we have over achieved, we have one or two elephants in the room where sentiment cannot be allowed, KDB has to accept he is not an automatic starter, I think another full back is essential and the midfield needs some legs, every team has a cycle, if we don‘t refresh I think Arsenal will win it at A canter next season
Not be popular but I’d go for Oodegard, 150M bid

I really feel for Coventry, they were the team who deserved to be in the final, the rags cheated over and over again including twice in the Final, absolute scum

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.