FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

You’re spot on about the Chavs final. I know a guy who was at the game and he said the team news killed the mood of travelling Blues.
I had hoped Pep had learnt from that game but the Rags final tells me he hasn’t. To be fair to him most of his tinkering does work.

I don’t even think the two team selections are in the same stratosphere, as far as weirdness goes.

That season I’m pretty sure one or both of Rodri and Fernandinho had started every single game in all comps. To leave them both out was just a complete mind fuck, that I’m still non the wiser about his thought process on.

Saturday wasn’t even close. In hindsight we’re all jumping on the fact Stones hadn’t played for a while and the defence had been looking as solid in the run in without him, than at any part of the season. But how many times in the past has he stepped straight back in after injury and looked the part?

As good as Akanji has been this season, he maybe had the Tottenham/ Son incident in his mind and thought that was the most likely way United were to score. Big hoof up the pitch for a pacy striker. He would have been right aswell. Just picked the wrong one to leave out.

Whatever his thought process, we were all probably mildly surprised at it but not a single person saw that team and had the reaction that every single one of us did before Chelsea game.

No shame or blame today, We just did not turn up and play,

City and Pep have to be ruthless in a cull this summer and rebuild and buy world-class players that go straight into the starting 11, Big players like KDB Walker Stones Silva will be asked the question, Nunes Gomez Phillips should be first out the door for me,
so your saying, pep is not very good at buying players, plus someone like palmer for 40 million would do me on our r ight wing, but not for pep.

so your saying, pep is not very good at buying players, plus someone like palmer for 40 million would do me on our r ight wing, but not for pep.

NO

Palmer just like Sancho wanted a first-team place same with Cancelo and Pep takes no shit from anybody and they were shown the door, City won the Premier League so selling Palmer did no difference to the squad or winning silverware.

I feel Palmer is being over-hyped because Pep sold him, Yes he scored goals but many from the spot and a couple of hattricks in a week so his record looks good,

I said Pep should be ruthless in culling the squad and letting players leave that have offered so much over a space of 5 years and maybe can only offer little more,

Pep said in his last post-match interview that he needs to speak to the players and ask them whether they want to stay or leave, That was aimed at KDB Walker Stones Ederson Silva, Yes Questions on Nunes Gomez Phillips Cancelo should be easy in all should leave because they are squad players only

I don’t even think the two team selections are in the same stratosphere, as far as weirdness goes.

That season I’m pretty sure one or both of Rodri and Fernandinho had started every single game in all comps. To leave them both out was just a complete mind fuck, that I’m still non the wiser about his thought process on.

Saturday wasn’t even close. In hindsight we’re all jumping on the fact Stones hadn’t played for a while and the defence had been looking as solid in the run in without him, than at any part of the season. But how many times in the past has he stepped straight back in after injury and looked the part?

As good as Akanji has been this season, he maybe had the Tottenham/ Son incident in his mind and thought that was the most likely way United were to score. Big hoof up the pitch for a pacy striker. He would have been right aswell. Just picked the wrong one to leave out.

Whatever his thought process, we were all probably mildly surprised at it but not a single person saw that team and had the reaction that every single one of us did before Chelsea game.

And played Sterling when he hadn't fancied him in months.

Missed a host of sitters and Aguero sat there on the bench too.

Even my niece could have chosen a better line-up that day. Still regularly think back to that as the one that got away. Been a few of those in Europe though.

Haven't read through the comments on this thread, so if i've repeated something, my apologies.
Personally, that was our 1st defeat since early december, 34 games unbeaten, wow, the last nine matches, 9 straight wins since the 0-0 v arsenal, again wow, the level these guys have performed at the last 6 months is phenomenal.
how on earth can any blue critisize ? Yes, saturday was so very disappointing, especially losing to the red shite. But i believe they were just mentally drained after what they achieved the last 6 months, and again, if we had gone through against madrid and then the semi v bayern and been in champs final again the players mentality would have been more focused.
It wasn't to be, but they did us proud again onto 5 in a row

Very proud of the team and feel privileged to have watched them in recent years.

Every reason to criticise them going out on the lash a few days before a cup final though.

Not seen this posted before so I thought I would. Kyle is right.

Kyle Walker ️:

"We celebrated [the PL title] on Sunday, this is Saturday. It's six days. If us athletes can't recover in six days we've got no chance for everyone. We had to take that moment on Sunday, because if we're celebrating now on a downer it won't feel right…"

"The moment was right, the club, the players and staff made that decision. Let's not blame that. It's down to us as players who played that 97 minutes…"

“It’s bit of a blow, it would have put the icing on the cake. But let’s not forget what this group of players have achieved, and that’s four Premier Leagues in a row which no other team has been able to do.”

Kyle Walker on Pep Guardiola saying he got it tactically wrong in the FA Cup final:

“He’s the last man I’m going to question on tactics. He’s a genius for what he’s done for the years I have been here; he’s transformed me as a player, how he’s transformed some of the players in there. If he says that, that’s down to him. For me, it’s the whole squad; we’ve got 97 minutes to win a game of football. We all take accountability for that.”

Kyle Walker on ManCity's trophy parade:

"Four PL's in a row has never been done until we did it. It's right that we celebrate with our fans. Would we have wanted it off the back of this FA Cup final result - of course not. I'd have liked to make an extra trophy..."

"But hopefully for what we've achieved this year coming off the back of the treble, hopefully they can be satisfied with that and they can show their support tomorrow. I know we will show our appreciation for their support over the season..."

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1716833382004.jpg
    FB_IMG_1716833382004.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 16
No pace on a bouncing ball, all facing his own goal. Very difficult. What gvardiol did was correct and you'll see it in many games, what you wont see is many goalkeepers doing an Ortega committing Hari-Kari…..
Agreed I have loved Ortega in nets this season but that was a rush of blood to the head moment - he was even out of his area ..coming out so quickly Gvardiol didn't have a chance to change plans - was let down by his keeper in that one, but its a game, it happens

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.