FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

Everything about the week was complacent. Night out, days off, Ten hag news leaking making everyone feel United won’t turn up/team selection and then actual performance. Hopefully they’ll see it as lesson learned.
Add Rashford not being in Waistcoats squad - he had a point to prove. So that and all the aforementioned factors contributed to a perfect storm that impacted us negatively and gave the impetus to Yernittid.

I am also baffled why Pep didn't foresee Tent Peg playing the false 9. He deployed it at Brighton, so surely Pep with his precision planning must have given that some consideration....

Everything about the week was complacent. Night out, days off, Ten hag news leaking making everyone feel United won’t turn up/team selection and then actual performance. Hopefully they’ll see it as lesson learned.
That's why i couldn't believe the confidence of some blues - the over confidence would have riled 'yanited'- and that helped them come with more determination then we would have wanted. NEVER be over confident blues - seeps between players, club, supporters, management...never ends well. You want determined hungry and focused. Then you can go on the p^ss. Ten Haag's team talk was done, over celebrating fans thinking we'd smash 'em. It's a cup final..and derby as well. Way too complacent it seemed by us from top m'ngt to fans

That's why i couldn't believe the confidence of some blues - the over confidence would have riled 'yanited'- and that helped them come with more determination then we would have wanted. NEVER be over confident blues - seeps between players, club, supporters, management...never ends well. You want determined hungry and focused. Then you can go on the p^ss. Ten Haag's team talk was done, over celebrating fans thinking we'd smash 'em. It's a cup final..and derby as well. Way too complacent it seemed by us from top m'ngt to fans
Said to a young Blue I met in the opticians today that the celebrations should have been saved to last night. She was a disgusted as me at that first half performance. It was definitely a beer/ top shelf hangover.

I have a feeling next years FA Cup final is on penultimate weekend of PL. If we are there ( * semi final following Chimps League QF KO round permitting) I wonder how it will impact on PL performance if we are still fighting on that front? Might be better.

Also saying here and now I want that 5th PL (it's a special number for me personally) and I would like the Chimps League again.

BTW am not an entitled jcl, am mid 60s and speaking to a Blue 10 years older the other week and we both agreed that we have missed out on so many trophies during our supporting lifetime years that we both want as many as possible in the years we have left....

Might have already been mentioned in this thread but I was talking to a blue today about the game. He said ITV actually made a big thing about us only coming out for the pre-match warm up about 15 minutes before they needed to be back out again for the handshakes etc. Apparently they said at the time it seemed really strange when the rags had already been out doing their stuff for about 20 minutes before we appeared.

Add Rashford not being in Waistcoats squad - he had a point to prove. So that and all the aforementioned factors contributed to a perfect storm that impacted us negatively and gave the impetus to Yernittid.

I am also baffled why Pep didn't foresee Tent Peg playing the false 9. He deployed it at Brighton, so surely Pep with his precision planning must have given that some consideration....
Rashfurd was gash so it that was him proving a point, he had a strange way of showing it!

Not seen this posted before so I thought I would. Kyle is right.

Kyle Walker ️:

We had to take that moment on Sunday, because if we're celebrating now on a downer it won't feel right…"

Agree with a lot of what you post, but not on this. The likelihood is if Kyle et al had the discipline to abstain from the drink an extra couple of days they'd be celebrating twice as hard as they'd have the double to look back on. I'm sorry but they're on 100s of thousands of pounds a week, it's not much to ask them to sacrifice putting their session back a bit and risking it coming on the back of a defeat.

I don't necessarily blame the players per se as it was the ones that gave them permission to get intoxicated that need to give their heads a wobble. As with any employee if you give them an inch they take a mile.

Still not feeling that hurt by it. Didn't feel that nervous beforehand, wasn't that stressed during the game, not that bothered by losing. United were the better team and we couldn't go unbeaten forever, could we? We've reached immortality already and even losing FA Cup finals doesn't hurt. Wanting any more from these lads isn't something I feel.

Last week we did something no other team in English football history has ever done and 50 years from now we'll be looked back on as the team who did the treble and then four in a row. That's something literally no other team in England can ever claim to have done, and we'll all be dead before someone does it again.

Nobody remembers Forest losing the 1980 League Cup final, do they? Or bottling the league title in 1979? They remember them winning the European Cup twice in a row. Nobody will look at City as the team who lost the FA Cup final in 2024 because we'll be remembered for winning it in 2023, along with a whole skipload of silverware.

(Charges pending etc.)
Yes, I do. My brother in law’s son (sister’s step son) was in goal for Wolves on that day;)

Now the dust has settled and the season is finally over, I’ll say this -

I still can’t believe we let that fucking shit rag team beat us.
I know.. first defeat since early December in an all manchester FA Cup Final against the worst rags side in living memory

Typical City will never ever totally die

I don’t even think the two team selections are in the same stratosphere, as far as weirdness goes.

That season I’m pretty sure one or both of Rodri and Fernandinho had started every single game in all comps. To leave them both out was just a complete mind fuck, that I’m still non the wiser about his thought process on.

Saturday wasn’t even close. In hindsight we’re all jumping on the fact Stones hadn’t played for a while and the defence had been looking as solid in the run in without him, than at any part of the season. But how many times in the past has he stepped straight back in after injury and looked the part?

As good as Akanji has been this season, he maybe had the Tottenham/ Son incident in his mind and thought that was the most likely way United were to score. Big hoof up the pitch for a pacy striker. He would have been right aswell. Just picked the wrong one to leave out.

Whatever his thought process, we were all probably mildly surprised at it but not a single person saw that team and had the reaction that every single one of us did before Chelsea game.
Dropping Rodri/Fern also meant playing Gundo at DM when he was scoring like prime Lampard from an advanced midfield position, it hurt us defensively and offensively.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.