FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

Quote: “Genuine question (not worth starting a separate thread for): if by some freak of nature we lost to the rags would it somewhat tarnish the achievement of winning the league for you (and for the fourth time in a row, I’m well aware of what that represents, and absolutely made up about it)?
I have to admit that for me it would leave a sour note on the season. Firstly because I still care very much about the F.A Cup — I’m aware there are those who don’t — it’s a venerable old competition and the final is still followed throughout the world, and it’s also not as if we’ve won a cartload of it. Above all, it’s against that lot, and I never want to lose to those fuckers, and especially not on one of the world’s biggest stages.
Nope. Still hungry. We’ve had the main course. I want the pudding.”

Reposting this against myself. Posted it last Monday. It was a stupid remark. I now know that winning four league titles in a row — something never done either in the old First Division or in the Premier League — is in no way tarnished by what happened at Wembley today.

The Boys in Blue didn’t give in. They fought to the end. Today it just wasn’t as good as usual or enough.
They’ve given us their all over the past few years and played their hearts out for City.
So although I’m disappointed and downhearted I can’t be angry with them or overly criticise.
Thank you City, thank lads, thank you fans. We just get ourselves geared up ready for next season and hope they, and we, come back refreshed and raring to go.

We are still THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD.

I look forward to us being back to our normal record breaking selves next season but for now I need to go and lie down in a darkened room and maybe get emotional. I think this one will take a bit longer to come to terms with.

Have a good summer.
All the best.
Eccles Blue.
I hope you have a good one too.
Cityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

This will be an unpopular comment, however I am not bothered about the potential of Kevin leaving. He’s been unbelievable for the club. But it’s time to look towards the future.
KDB is one of the best players ever to pull on a City shirt. But he is rapidly approaching the 'cameo' stage of his career. You certainly can't expect him to play all/most games. Ergo, you need someone to take on his role. Currently, we have Foden and er - that's it.

I see the sleeper cells are alive and kicking in here.

Annoyed but not gutted. We've just won 4 in a row.

These red pricks will be playing in the channel 5 Cup next season.

Nothing but praise for pep and this team, today didn't happen but that's football. Can only think the players still ain't got the beer out their system yet.

We got the big one. We put down our marker. These red gobshites will be sacking their manager this week.

Enough said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.