FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

To put things into perspective, those lads have achieved something that won't happen again in our lifetime. They had every right to celebrate the whole fucking week. They're immortal.
This. That achievement dwarfs today’s defeat. If the price of that success was not being at it today then so be it.

We lost after making history yet again last weekend.

Some of the posters and posts on here are a fucking disgrace.

Pathetic fair weather fans who have no fucking grasp of the realities of sport.

Used to be a great forum for talking City this, now it’s full of dickheads.

Every other club and fan base would kill for what we have, best to remember that.

We need to learn how to lose like the Champions we are

Yes it's not good to lose to them, But when the dust settles who's the better Club going forward

I’m gonna start this by saying I couldn’t give a flying fuck about the FA Cup in the grand scheme of things. For big clubs, there are two titles that matter at the start of the season, the PL and the CL. Anything else is nothing more than a nice-to-have. Before any lurking rag fans think that statement is sour grapes…your own club clearly thinks the same, hence ETH being in the dole queue next week.

That being said, really disappointed in our CB selection today. Stones and Ake have both looked like they’ve been towing caravans for the past few months. Neither has looked remotely fit and it felt like some kind of appeasement selection. We knew what United would do, we didn’t need Pep level genius to know that United would sit deep and look for the quick counter, so why we decided to pick our 3rd and 4th choice CBs and arguably the slowest against this, is beyond me. What other side gets to what most consider a major cup final and plays their 3rd and 4th choice CB…out of choice? Very odd.

That aside, I couldn’t give a toss. We won one of the two trophies that actually matter to big clubs and the loss will soon disappear into the aether, because the news will all be about United looking for a new manager in a couple of days.

Champions (of something that actually matters).

i think when i saw the team me and many more were happy.but first half we were poor and they took their chances.second half we battered them but just didnt get that final pass right.oh well shit happens and id rather have this sort of disapointment than in the 90s.onwards and upwards

Really looking forward to seeing Doku and Gvardiol next year. Loved watching them develop into City players over this season

Some will say If we'd have started with the system we played the 2nd half with, then it would've been so so easy I agree but instead we fucked it bigtime.
Even with the tactics/lineup possibly questioned by some of our fans, too many of the players sadly didn't turn up...
1000049502.gif
That's what truly cost us today not the selection or formation, too many had an off day and by the time problems were rectified it was already too late.

Four in a row is the major positive to think of now that match was completely awful, if Haaland's shot had gone in despite how terrible we were I've no doubt we'd have won it, we'd already fucked up though going in at the break 2-0 down.

I'm not sure if that was a penalty or not either but certainly looked like one to me in real time, I'm yet to see a replay yet so can't comment but I'm also not in the mood to clutch at straws searching for one either.

Obviously Eddy was injured today and although Ortega is the best possible backup we could wish for, really I hope he stays but that first goal is also for me why Ederson is our number one keeper, there was no communication with Gvardiol when he charged out he didn't give him a shout.

Some people might slate Gvardiol too for that and called for him to be hooked off, unfortunately despite the error of communication between them whoever you blame you'd be wrong, as Josko definitely had two much inferior teammates in defence during that first half so Pep was 100% right to keep him on.

We needed to push Stones in midfield for the 2nd half for the plan to work other than that he'd have had no complaints if he was dragged off along with Ake, Stones did improve in the 2nd half he still was unfortunately nowhere near his best but for me Pep's changes were 100% spot on too, sadly though the damage was already done by players who failed to repay Pep's faith in them.

Another season is over so bring on the fixture lists, they're only a few weeks away now.

After four in a row let's go again and see what next season brings, I'm sure I won't be the only one who shares this sentiment...
giphy-41.gif

At least pep also thinks Utd were shit today! lol but why not change it then pep, I don’t get no Bob on with 10 mins to go

I guess it was prem or fa cup glad we chose prem. fatigue & pressure hit us today after last few months I suppose
And a week on the piss

We got what we deserved. Don’t agree with letting the players go on the piss and it showed. The lineup was shocking, why drop Akanji and Dias! That lineup cost us the game. At least the Ortega versus Ederson decision is done. I said at the time letting players go on the piss was a huge mistake, totally disrespectful not coming back until Thursday whilst Rags training all week. Never seen our fans so angry at that performance!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.