FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

Not going to slag the team off too much.
But for me the title celebrations should have been put on hold until after today.
Sounds as though the players went on a 3 day bender and then returned to training on Wednesday / Thursday.
We have been caught out today complacent and over confident, the result is a loss to a poor side who we should have turned the knife further into.
Too be honest I am very disappointed if what I've read about the players drinking is true. It's dam right unprofessional and unfair to the fans who paid good money today.

Don't know how much of an impact it had, but wasn't happy that the players seemed to have a hard session on Saturday. Anybody that has a proper drink knows it takes ages to recover- especially when you're rolling in at 5am. Rather they all waited a week and all got absolutely legless tonight. They weren't at the races at all. In the first half especially they looked nervous and riddled with anxiety. Can't imagine they were drinking heavily inbetween trophies last year.

Odd starting Stones at CB after not playing for a good while. Horrible journey home knowing how shit they are and all the stars seemed to align for them.

We had to have an off day to lose and we did. Far too many blatant errors to get away with. Even with that we bossed the game. They were penned in 90 percent of the time and we didn’t make the most of our chances. Nobody played particularly well for us other than Doku, stones’ inclusion was probably the wrong call as well. I still think 9/10 we beat United it’s just that today was the off day.

Wasn't good today at all. Only tactic in second half was get the ball out to Doku as quick as possible and see what havoc he could cause by running at them. Not like us to run out of ideas so quickly.

Can't win them all. Shite to lose against them ever but we kind of got what we deserved today. They were tight enough and had a decent threat on the break but nothing we've not dealt with before. Poor really by our standards but the result could be a blessing. Wake up call that we need to reinforce the squad again this summer.

Not really a shock to be fair. To much confidance from the fans and to much complacancy from the team. They were dead and buried before the whistle, they had nothing really to play for, management in a mess etc etc etc, you know the rest. Only one outcome and we've seen it all before but we dont learn.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.