FA Cup Final Post Match thread

Clichy was appalling today, he was totally useless, Milner should have been on that side to protect him.
I'm no manager, but fuck me, everyone else can see it too.

rnblade said:
Clichy was appalling today, he was totally useless, Milner should have been on that side to protect him.

Wigan's left full back had free reign too!....We needed 2 Milner's!

rnblade said:
Superr said:
rnblade said:
THE WHOLE TEAM WERE WOEFUL!! No excuses at all.

Hart, Kompany and Toure were excellent
Were you watching the same game as me? Fair enough about Hart but YAYA was poor and Vinny wasn't his best either.

Hart was dreadful too. He is panicky in distribution, he got fooled by three fakes in a row in the box and got beaten by a near post header in exactly the same way as Napoli and Ajax.

Zabs positioning terrible, tackle ridiculously stupid
Kompany awful passing
Nasty nervy
Clichy dominated by Mcmanaman
Toure woeful and disinterested
Barry shockingly unaware and incapable
Silva disappeared
Nasri made idiotic choices
Tevez was selfish
Aguero was completely missing

There was genuinely no positive. Before even considering the 4 hours on a coach ahead of me.

@BluePhil8 said:
nwhn3 said:
mancityscot said:
what was significant was the amount of possession wigan had. they didnt just sit back and allow us to have the play for 90 mins and scored a set piece to win. no, they played exceptionally well, and in many ways played us off the parl. mcmanaman had clichy in his back pocket, (cant recall a worse game had by clichy), and they really did show us how to play with heart, fight and the will to win. we had nothing, and this was with 2/3 players of their main back four, out. so disappoiting

What I don't understand is why he didn't put Milner on the left to offer a little protection to clichy as this was the danger all match.
Deary me this all day long. Clichy was mullered by McManaman every time. Literally. Clichy didn't tackle him once.
Everytime he ran at clichy we were in trouble and yet we did nothing about it, piss poor tactics today as we have found out too many times this season.

ranxerox said:
leighton said:
Why he took off Tevez for Rodwell is the biggest WHAT THE FUCK ever.

Was done to allow Toure forward, don't know why everyone can't figure this out as Mancini is very predictable with this (was no surprise to Martinez either I'm sure).

The way to beat Wigan is wide out, but Mancini refuses to ever set up this way.

Here is a better idea...why didn't he just take yaya off who was clearly not fully fit!

Jesus fucking Christ I am so upset with how we played. Threw a cup in the bin. Chance of adding to history and we chucked it away. I'm utterly wankered and I'm in London dejected. These opportunities matter to me. It did not look like it mattered to the players. We could I'm sure have done without the speculation over the manager but that really is no excuse.

Pig sick. Utterly dreadful performance in a cup final.

rnblade said:

We can't just put it down to 1 player the whole team was woeful. It was the most forgettable performance of the season i can only think of decent attack we had and this was a cup final.

I don't want this and I hate to say it but i will be very shocked if Mancini is still manager come next season.

Yaya was crap today, barry was even worse, have to say that mcmanaman was awsome today and I would have him in our squad all day long

Just to try draw all this together, then:....

There seems a genral consensus that we didn't turn up today and that the better team (on the day) won

there is no issue with the ref (didn't get it all right but generally fair)

the blame game seems to be shared between

a) the players' attitude and effort
b) RM's tactics
c) the destabilising of the club by the rumours that were, (having bubbled under for a while), allowed to explode onto the meeja front pages on the eve of / morning of the FA Cup Final and cii) the failure of City's Press Office to sort this

Any thoughts on how these factors interplayed ?

In one game it becomes apparent.
Mancini has no managerial capacity to change a game or motivate players.
Many of our players are a) lazy overpaid wankers .
The hierachy has no f****g idea how to handle a situation by either strongly denying a rumour or keeping it under wraps. tossers one and all.
Advantage Rags,Chelsea,Spurs,Arsenal for next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.