FA Cup Final Post Match thread

baildon blue said:
dom said:
Just to try draw all this together, then:....

There seems a genral consensus that we didn't turn up today and that the better team (on the day) won

there is no issue with the ref (didn't get it all right but generally fair)

the blame game seems to be shared between

a) the players' attitude and effort
b) RM's tactics
c) the destabilising of the club by the rumours that were, (having bubbled under for a while), allowed to explode onto the meeja front pages on the eve of / morning of the FA Cup Final and cii) the failure of City's Press Office to sort this

Any thoughts on how these factors interplayed ?
The media did fantastic job on us.The press offfice at City need a big bollocking for this.Mancini was not to blame for this defeat.

Mancini was not to blame? Are you taking the piss? He took our best player off and completely nullified our game. He has no plan b and is so stubborn he won't realise he needs to change his philosophy from time to time

Well , even a team as " poor " as Wigan have sussed Mancini out - I lost count of how many times you could have thrown a blanket over our front three on the edge of wigan's box . What was done to change this?
I have been ambivalent about mancini's abilities at this level , but I keep seeing the same mistakes being made over and over again and I keep seeing other teams taking advantage of them. I think it may have been Einstein who said that insanity was "doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results" .
I 'm also getting a little confused by the idea that given time , bob will "get it right" - once again I just keep seeing the same mistakes being made over and over again - the clue is in the title " manager" ie the person who is ultimately responsible for the players , the tactics ,and the attitude . God it pains me to say it but the recently retired bacon face was the perfect example of this, and we are just not getting these simple things right .
Every manager has his flaws and idiocyncracies but I'm coming to the conclusion that bob's are going to lead to his ultimate downfall.

baildon blue said:
dom said:
Just to try draw all this together, then:....

There seems a genral consensus that we didn't turn up today and that the better team (on the day) won

there is no issue with the ref (didn't get it all right but generally fair)

the blame game seems to be shared between

a) the players' attitude and effort
b) RM's tactics
c) the destabilising of the club by the rumours that were, (having bubbled under for a while), allowed to explode onto the meeja front pages on the eve of / morning of the FA Cup Final and cii) the failure of City's Press Office to sort this

Any thoughts on how these factors interplayed ?
The media did fantastic job on us.The press offfice at City need a big bollocking for this.Mancini was not to blame for this defeat.

Of course he was to blame. Yes, the players were woeful but Bob assembled the squad, Bob prepared the squad, Bob saw us outplayed by Wigan last week, Bob picked the side, Bob chose the formation and tactics, Bob fucked up the subs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm disgusted and staggered/bewildered at how bad our players were today, however to absolve Bob of any blame for today is nonsense.

Martinez won the managerial game hands down. Mancini is like a chess player who only knows one move, counter it and he's screwed. Once again we crawled up to two lines of four opponents across their box and then played tippy tappy until the ball fell to a wigan player.

Well done wigan but on this showing an 8 year old schoolkid with 2 hours on Football manager could have outmanouevred Mancini.

Well played wigan, much much better than us and well deserved. We were shocking and deserved fcuk all. Watching our players just going through the motions was hard to take.

Best team won.

Calm down everyone hope Mancini stays.

Looking forward to next year.

Happy Happy days.

B\connellblue said:
One word sums it all up really. Pace or lack of it to be precise.

Wigan played 9 at the back, so I don't think pace would have done it....tho I know what you mean

A player who will beat a man and whip in a cross is needed tho

We play a style where we need several intricate passes and flicks to come off around the boss to create chances. Great when all are on song, but today....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.