FA Cup Final Post Match thread

Just back, nearly 24 hours of travel etc for what I can only describe as 'gutless' absolutely fucked off with our players not giving everything for the shirt, makes me sick! A lot of money has to be found for fans to get to games and when players don't even turn up I find it insulting.

On a good note, met a few decent Wiganers and hope they enjoy it as I remember the feeling when we beat Stoke and don't begrudge anyone (except the rags) that same feeling we had 2 years ago

CTID

am still pissed off
couldn't believe it was cup final and we played it with shitty performance
wigan played very well, well pressed us.
it looked like wigan is in the 2nd place and City are in danger of relegation
am really looking for the next reading game
if we play really well in that game, then people will ask why we played shit last weekend!!!

ps. sorry for Panti, he was fully deserved to play

What a brutal trip home... 6 hours. Unbelievably tired. What a shame we couldn't win or at least lose well today, the crowd was so up for it at the start but our performance largely killed the atmosphere on our side. Didn't enjoy seeing squabbles between City fans over standing/sitting near me (I'm in the pro-standing crew especially at Wembley but didn't get involved), more arguments for safe standing around the country.

Think I posted my thoughts on the performance on my way home, but good lord that was appalling. Both from the players (especially the midfield - staggeringly poor) who looked demotivated and the manager who was tactically outclassed as he has been several times this season. We played with all the vigor of our typical away game and Champions League game... aka none. Martinez had much of his defence missing and a half-fit Alcaraz playing yet still got his defence drilled enough to block out most of our stagnant, predictable, and one dimensional attacking strategies. Wigan have no player we should envy yet totally outplayed us so hats off to Martinez for his tactics and motivational skills, they deserved it.

Berkshire blue said:
Mancini OUT no excuses for losing to that shite

Im not quite of that order, but Manager is resposible for preparing the players, they did not show up...

Mancini has been undermind by press maybe, but he is the motivator, they should have had the team champing at the bit, and many were disinterested at best. Call in some spirit, get a team huddle, we can 'ave this, got get em boys type of flavour, I saw none of this

The whispers are becoming a chorus, I think bobby has lost too many in the dressing room with dubious selections and subs.

pants should have played regardless of his little outburst earlier in the week, he was given a promise and that was broken, it is the sort of thing that can effect the rest of the dressing room

Yaya maybe should not have started

Subs..

James Milner for Samir Nasri - 54' too early to pull the pin on him
Jack Rodwell for Carlos Tevez - 69', seriously wtf

Did anyone see the expression on Tevez's face when he was pulled. That was the point of worry for me. Tevez, normally would show anger, or passion at this. Instead, a wry smile, which said, srsly, me? really your fucked now boss

I question mancini, but am undecided, and would loathe to change manager again now, I would be happier with another season with him there...

ayeGibson said:
Did anyone see the expression on Tevez's face when he was pulled. That was the point of worry for me. Tevez, normally would show anger, or passion at this. Instead, a wry smile, which said, srsly, me? really your fucked now boss

I question mancini, and am

I saw that and thought we were fucked too. Incredibly baffling substitutions.

& Dzeko on at the 91' is just...lol.

Gareth Barry. A classic number 12. He is not good enough. Simple.
Yaya Toure. Where the fuck was he today? He thinks he can do whatever he fuckings wants and that he is untouchable. He was a fucking disgrace!
Clichy. Worst performance ever. Very overrated. Far from world class.
Nasri. Clueless. Ship him back to Arsenal. Was subbed. Rightly so. Milner did a much better job. Once again!
Mancini didn't loose the fucking final. The players did. Even if we had Bernardo Corradi we should have won this game.

Train said:
ayeGibson said:

I question mancini, and am

I saw that and thought we were fucked too. Incredibly baffling substitutions.

& Dzeko on at the 91' is just...lol.

yep....

BBC2qZ0.png

Marvin said:
christen at St Marks said:
Don't feel I've ever been so low, as I feel now, just gob smacked it has come to this, I seen it 2-3 years ago with the style he was playing, but because most of our fans are loyal beyond belief you refuse to see it, I've supported City since I was a kid, now 60 years of age, always will till I die, just wish he would fuck off as nobody seems willing to get rid of him, this was Italian boring shite at it's worse, resisted as long as I could from posting, just feel gutted and frustrated like all of us.
Gutted too. And will be gutted all Summer. But we'll just come back hungrier for more next season.

It was neat, controlled (apart from Zab) but ultimately boring and very frustrating

Yet we played a great game at Wembley a few weeks ago against Chelsea. And we have played some great football under Mancini. Football that has only been matched by Arsenal in the Premiership.

We have goe backwards this season because of the transfers we have made and not made. I don't know if Mancini is responsible

Excuse me! are you sure you don't know whether Mancini is responsible!, if not the manager than who is responsible?

The aregument of the summer signings can be used when we talk about the performance in champions league and to a less degree about the performance in the premier league, but it can not be used after loosing the FA Cup final against a team like Wigan who is on the verge of relegation to the Championship

Stayed up late to watch the game over here in Brunei (work commitments). 3 points from me really:

1. Well done Wigan, you played with a quick tempo and your players clearly understood the game plan and executed it well.

2. On this occasion we were weighed, measured and found wanting.

3. We must learn from our mistakes this season and conduct a thorough review prior to even contemplating making new signings.

PS: man alive i can tell you all even this far out they're people who hate City. You should have seen them when Wigan scored, the whole place just turned towards me and ripped me to bits. To make it worse It's a dry country here so i could not even have a pint until got back to my pad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.