FA Cup Final Post Match thread

Marvin said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Barry will be gone in the summer because he is just not quick enough.

Biggest disappointment for me was aguero. Absolute gash and why he stayed on while our only decent player Tevez went off I will never know!
Tevez and nasri were our two best players on the day. Very unlucky to be subbed

I agree about Barry. Good passer but too slow. Our whole team is pedestrian compared to Bayern and Dortmund. We should be looking at what they do

We need a fair few changes and it isn't going to be an easy transition.

Every player who signs a new contract seems to turn into a lesser player overnight.

All of these players need decisions making on them either due to contract time remaining or due to ability/desire

Lescott
Barry
Garcia
Nasri
Tevez
Dzeko
Sinclair
Maicon
Kolorov

That is a hell of a lot of potential changes.

uwe28 said:
Exactly.Bobby Manc was meant to be going for Sanchez,Martinez,Sanchez winger what we need-Martinez Attacking Mid,maybe winger.Maybe it was Marwood or Fair play rules were contributing factors but we all know Sinclair was the cheap option.If Bobby had the players he wanted last summer maybe it would be different!!!

And how many minutes has Sinclair gotten? How many minutes did Adam Johnson get last season???

What the Jesus Christ Fuck are you guys talking about? Is this the twilight zone???

Mancini's core footballing philosophy does NOT include wingers. There's a reason we only have one in our entire squad, and he's literally there to fill the home-grown requirement. Please tell me you guys are just taking the piss and don't blame signing for this.

If you really think anyone but Mancini is to blame for our narrow, slow approach, you've lost the plot. I repeat: If you think what we need is Adam Johnson, you need to stop giving insight into football matches, its embarrassing us all.

Just got in. 4 hours sleep in 48, 11 hours on a coach and I'm absolutely drained. We were absolute shit and got everything we deserved. Well played Wigan

can't believe the players weren't up for the cup final which was the only thing left to play for this season. We were beyond awful and let Wigan control the entire game which is simply mind boggling. It was a big wake up call that we should never take cup finals for granted!

However, Wigan thoroughly deserved the win congrats to them hope they don't get relegated as playing in europe and the championship makes for one hell of a gruelling season

Dethred said:
uwe28 said:
Exactly.Bobby Manc was meant to be going for Sanchez,Martinez,Sanchez winger what we need-Martinez Attacking Mid,maybe winger.Maybe it was Marwood or Fair play rules were contributing factors but we all know Sinclair was the cheap option.If Bobby had the players he wanted last summer maybe it would be different!!!

And how many minutes has Sinclair gotten? How many minutes did Adam Johnson get last season???

What the Jesus Christ Fuck are you guys talking about? Is this the twilight zone???

Mancini's core footballing philosophy does NOT include wingers. There's a reason we only have one in our entire squad, and he's literally there to fill the home-grown requirement. Please tell me you guys are just taking the piss and don't blame signing for this.

If you really think anyone but Mancini is to blame for our narrow, slow approach, you've lost the plot. I repeat: If you think what we need is Adam Johnson, you need to stop giving insight into football matches, its embarrassing us all.
Adam Johnson made a lot of appearances as a sub in our Champions season. He weighed in with goals and assists

Maybe he was not the ideal wide forward, but we are poorer without him. And this is absolutely the type of player we need.

It's not true either to say that Mancini does not include wingers. We played AJ repeatedly and he was only sold because he put in a transfer request. We also bid for Hazard and Sanchez.

Wretched Vengeance said:
Marvin said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Barry will be gone in the summer because he is just not quick enough.

Biggest disappointment for me was aguero. Absolute gash and why he stayed on while our only decent player Tevez went off I will never know!

I agree about Barry. Good passer but too slow. Our whole team is pedestrian compared to Bayern and Dortmund. We should be looking at what they do

Just how the fuck do our two best players get subbed?

Easy there fella. Don't want to confuse him.

The correct answer is: Mancini was already thinking of what kind of yacht he'll be buying in Monaco.

I reckon another thought might have been that perhaps on reflection and especially after resting so many players on Tuesday this actually played into Wigan's and Martinez's hands.

They would have easily been able to predict our starting 11 and made the necessary game plan.

Perhaps a suprise or 2 in the starting line up (ie Dzeko up front) etc would have caught them out a bit.

Still can't believe that Tevez was substitued though!! Why he did that is beyond me!!

Train said:
Fernandhino will the best piece of business we make this summer. Our midfield is so far behind the best its not funny. Sure you can strengthen your forwards, but it doesn't change the fact that we'll still be overrun by a lot of teams that know how to press and press well and when that happens, our forwards won't even get a look in.

The engine of the team is the most important area we must strengthen, then the forwards.

Funny, I consider our midfield to be amongst the best in the world. You have to question something other than their quality, when a month and a half prior, we had the scum well beaten at the swamp.

Wigan pressed us, we were set out to play defensively cautious football, and as we've seen so many times against these types of clubs, the tactics will fall flat.

Only just got home from Wembley and I am gutted. I still stick by Mancini all the way but think he's gone after that result. Well done Wigan

Dethred said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
Marvin said:

Just how the fuck do our two best players get subbed?

Easy there fella. Don't want to confuse him.

The correct answer is: Mancini was already thinking of what kind of yacht he'll be buying in Monaco.
I thought tevez was our best player. He was linking attack and midfield as he usually does and a constant threat to Wigan on the edge of their area. Nasri also. He created our best chance. The one where Tevez nearly scored from in the 1st half

Yes, I felt Mancini made the wrong subs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.