FA Cup Final | Ticket Criteria

It's probably been said before but it's absolutely fucking ridiculous that a season ticket holder with a couple of thousand points who is on the scheme can get a ticket before an ST holder with 25,000 points who isn't on the scheme.
Agreed. But what about the **** who never goes but is a member of a supporters club so he trumps both of you?

By latter I meant having different avenues to getting tickets, so that people without a shitload of points can get to an away game once in a while - supporters clubs, corporate, players family members, 18-24-year olds, employees etc. Even maybe the occasional ballot for a few tickets.

I personally don't find the queuing system any fairer. What about Blues that live miles away? Those that have to be at work? Anyway, as you say, that system isn't likely to come back. The points system is also flawed when it's a closed shop. I'm sure plenty on points also buy tickets and pass them on the friends/family.

I don't think there will ever be a system that everyone will feel is fair. I just feel having more options is a better thing. You obviously don't, which is fair enough.
The queue only featured for one game as season, allowed people who never went away to get to the highest demand game.

Exactly why stubs started getting used in 98/99, then tracking and points - not just Regular ST Holder free for all.

Season card holders will always get preference over non card holders and correctly so.
The FA cup is the only scheme i'm not in.My choice.Itdoes not matter how many FA cup games i have attended this season.By not joining i will have to wait until my points total becomes eligible for me to purchase a ticket.
My main gripe is that the Edinburgh supporters branch would not take me in as a member so non season ticket holders that have been accepted have a better chance of a ticket than me.
I find it hard to take that the Supporters branch closest to me cannot take me in as a member.
When did you apply to join? A lot of SC close the window for new applications early in the new year but then reopen for the following season

Season card holders will always get preference over non card holders and correctly so.
The FA cup is the only scheme i'm not in.My choice.Itdoes not matter how many FA cup games i have attended this season.By not joining i will have to wait until my points total becomes eligible for me to purchase a ticket.
My main gripe is that the Edinburgh supporters branch would not take me in as a member so non season ticket holders that have been accepted have a better chance of a ticket than me.
I find it hard to take that the Supporters branch closest to me cannot take me in as a member.
Out of interest why can’t they take you in as a member?

Let’s make this simple, this is the criteria that should be applied:

1. SC holders in cup scheme using a decreasing number of points
2. SC holders not in cup scheme using a decreasing number of points
3. Members who were members at least a month before the semi final

Branch members would presumably fit into one of the above three categories so why were they firstly allowed to jump the queue and secondly, if we believe everything we read on this thread why are people not falling into one of the three categories above having access to tickets. And we can also include corporate in the above as again they can get in line. Ticket agencies should be nowhere near this game and the club should be ashamed if they are giving these companies tickets.

The number of ST holders on 25, 000 points and not in the cup scheme will be in single digits. And that number will be 0.
Wrong.
It's at least one as I know the person. I will admit his circumstances are unusual though, and he doesn't want a final ticket as he's stuck in hospital.
I'll just repeat that I believe all loyalty shown, for any qualifying games, should be considered.

Some people join the cup schemes specifically to get priority at finals and can pay for itself getting a £70 lower tier as opposed to a £145.

In 2011 for the semi and the final, Cup Schemers were allowed to buy in the first window along with higher points, which was a retropsective rule as cup scheme gave no other ticket buying advantage up to then. Since then though it has been formalised, but this is the first domestic final since 2011 when SC holders are likley to miss out. So it has only been as issue now (UCL Final 2021 the only other time).

SC holder not on the CS will have at least 4k seats to go at on Tuesday. Maybe more if people don't want to pay £115+ for ticket, and mainly upper tier selling now, as nothing under that on the lower or middle.
My recollection of 2011 was that cup schemers were treated almost the same as all other ST holders, and higher point ST non scheme people got in ahead of lower point cup scheme people.

It's probably been said before but it's absolutely fucking ridiculous that a season ticket holder with a couple of thousand points who is on the scheme can get a ticket before an ST holder with 25,000 points who isn't on the scheme.
Not really it isn't, before people never went to cup games but had more points so got a final ticket which pissed off those who put in the games hence the reason it was created, you join the cup scheme for 2 reasons, discounted tickets for the rounds and first shot at final tickets, a choice any SD holder can make, if you choose not to then thats life, plus with roughly 17000 FA Cup scheme members anyone on high points not on it will still get a ticket.

Why should a season card holder who cannot be arsed going to the 3rd/4th/5th rounds quarter and semi get a final ticket because their points for tbf what is their premier league games season membership has higher points

I am ditching one of the schemes.next year and accept I forfiet the right to automatic first choice for a final ticket.

Last edited:
My recollection of 2011 was that cup schemers were treated almost the same as all other ST holders, and higher point ST non scheme people got in ahead of lower point cup scheme people.
They were allowed first window as I was queuing up with them from entrance P to the North Stand TO down the East Stand, only when at the final barriers they allowed those with higher points to get in a smaller queue.

So higher points may have saved 5 or 10 mins after queuing 3 hours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.