FA Cup Final | Ticket Criteria

My lads season ticket is less than a tenner a game. I may be wrong on this but name me another club that’s won 4 out of 5 Premier league titles that charges similar to Curzon Ashton, Ashton United, Stalybridge Celtic general admission to watch world class players. One day I think we’ll all realise how blessed we’ve been.
We are very blessed, we are watching the best football I’ve ever seen in this country and some season tickets are good value, though I’m wary of the motives for that. I just think we’re on a slippery slope that as match going fans we’ll come to regret. Anyway I think I’ve derailed the thread now and it’s a divisive topic so I’m leaving it at that.

I’m sure there is good stuff he has done, most of the good stuff has been done by Pep however. It will be interesting to see what match days are like when Pepleaves and we drop back into the pack. That is when I think some of the very short term thinking going on at the moment will come back to bite us.
Even the short-term thinking on ticket prices hasn't borne any fruit.

In the last financial year, our matchday revenue was £54.5m. In 2019, the last season with full attendances before Covid, we recorded £55m. The year before it was £56.6m. In 2016, it was £52.5m.

So this business genius, with all the price increases and new hospitality facilities, has basically brought up in an additional £2m in match-day income in 6 years.

He's not doing this as a strategic, well thought-out plan to increase a revenue stream. He's doing it because he can, and isn't remotely bothered about pissing fans off. And when I was on City Matters, we'd agree sensible improvements with Danny but he'd have to kick them upstairs, where they were vetoed more often than not.

Pep and Txiki are the best at what they do. Soriano is a complete waste of space.

Last edited:
Must of the supporters club members where I live don't go to the games, 3 or 4 a season at best.

I'm an ST holder been to all the home FA cup ties this season but won't get a ticket off the club.

Regardless, I'll buy of a tout. The city end tickets will drop in price, £400-500 will get you one.
What makes you think the City end tickets will drop in price.demand is very high. CTID

I’m sure there is good stuff he has done, most of the good stuff has been done by Pep however. It will be interesting to see what match days are like when Pepleaves and we drop back into the pack. That is when I think some of the very short term thinking going on at the moment will come back to bite us.
But will we drop back into the pack when Pep leaves? If we keep refreshing the squad while he's here and produce the occasional top quality youngster from the academy then we will be able to attract top coaches. They might not be full-on geniuses like Pep but we won't be scraping the barrel. We should be able to continue challenging if the post-Pep transition is handled well.
There might not be a better manager than Pep, but there is always BFS who is as good. Sort of.
Back to the point in question and while I agree we are making money and can attract the best players, I agree the club seems to care less for the fans than they should. Decent prices in the expanded north stand is the way to repair some of the damage.

I’ve got 3 season tickets for me and my family all on 7k but not on the cup scheme. Do people reckon I will be able to get tickets when it hits out criteria?

(For anyone who has knowledge of how many people have what points roughly)

It's the club we should be stressed at not each other. How's it possible to purchase a ticket in the city end from several ticket tout companies. How did they get there tickets before SC holders on cup schemes or any other fan. Its the same every away match too. CTID

My lads season ticket is less than a tenner a game. I may be wrong on this but name me another club that’s won 4 out of 5 Premier league titles that charges similar to Curzon Ashton, Ashton United, Stalybridge Celtic general admission to watch world class players. One day I think we’ll all realise how blessed we’ve been.
I think Season Ticket holders have for sure but it’s a steep pricing structure for those who don’t have season tickets and it’s not easy to get one now. My sister went to a game with her husband and took 3 kids. It was £170 and that was a cup game. I think a league game doing the same would have cost around £240. I do think matchday ticket prices for children are too high.

But will we drop back into the pack when Pep leaves? If we keep refreshing the squad while he's here and produce the occasional top quality youngster from the academy then we will be able to attract top coaches. They might not be full-on geniuses like Pep but we won't be scraping the barrel. We should be able to continue challenging if the post-Pep transition is handled well.
There might not be a better manager than Pep, but there is always BFS who is as good. Sort of.
Back to the point in question and while I agree we are making money and can attract the best players, I agree the club seems to care less for the fans than they should. Decent prices in the expanded north stand is the way to repair some of the damage.
I’m not saying we’ll collapse in the way United did after Fergie left, but I suspect we’ll be one of a number of teams that could win the league each year rather than as now being THE team to beat. I suspect it will look something like before Pep arrived where we had good and bad years. I’m not sure how many of these “new” fans we’re currently appearing to prioritise will fill the stadium in years where we’re miles off the pace.
With regards to the expansion in the North stand it already looks like we’re slapping a corporate section at the front of that so I wouldn’t pin too much hope on this being what we all hoped it would be. Again it sounds like at stadium management level there was a desire to get this right, but the upper echelons have kyboshed it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.