FA Cup Final | Ticket Criteria

Were City fighting it out for European places before Pep arrived? I seem to recall an FA Cup, two League Championships, and two League Cups. That is before you get on to qualifying for the Champions League for five successive seasons including one CL semi-final.

That's why I said 'potentially'. I don't necessarily think it WILL. He's the first manager we've had that has secured more than one league title and nothing is guaranteed though. I don't know what the breakdown of the new stand is and what will be allocated to new season ticket holders. If they did a dippers and it was only 1K and you're finding an extra 6k fans spending £80-90 (or whatever it is by then) on a matchday ticket- for a team that isn't challenging for the title- demand will inevitably drop somewhat.

Fucking hell that's something a rag or dipper would write.
Brilliant

I disagree, Sorriano has been disastrous for supporter relations. I personally can’t wait for the day he fucks off.
Just a thought. To make us a global organisation and compete with some of the cartel, he has had to make some very tough football decisions. Our fan base has grown exponentially worldwide. We are earning more money now than we have ever earned. We have one of the best club team playing squads in the world. We have arguably the best manager in the world. We have one of the most sought after and prodigious players in the World and our City Football Group is growing stronger day by day.
But Soriano hasn’t invested in supporter relations. Maybe someone else holds that post and isn’t delivering.
Of course we want to remain a family club, working class and local support being the bedrock of our support. But that comes at a cost.
We have to evolve, like every other club. I don’t think you can lay the blame at Soriano. Maybe we are to blame, we want success after success and you can’t do that standing still unfortunately. As my post started, just a thought.

He'll leave a trail of destruction when he goes.... which I imagine will be the same day Pep calls it quits. Interesting to see whether the tourists will be happy paying £80-£90 (by then) a ticket for a team potentially fighting it out for European places. Not that he'll care he's priced a lot of hardcore fans out, alienated others and left us struggling to fill our stadium.

I disagree, Sorriano has been disastrous for supporter relations. I personally can’t wait for the day he fucks off.

ahh hes done alot of things that we dont agree with, but there is stuff that he has done well for the club.

Just a thought. To make us a global organisation and compete with some of the cartel, he has had to make some very tough football decisions. Our fan base has grown exponentially worldwide. We are earning more money now than we have ever earned. We have one of the best club team playing squads in the world. We have arguably the best manager in the world. We have one of the most sought after and prodigious players in the World and our City Football Group is growing stronger day by day.
But Soriano hasn’t invested in supporter relations. Maybe someone else holds that post and isn’t delivering.
Of course we want to remain a family club, working class and local support being the bedrock of our support. But that comes at a cost.
We have to evolve, like every other club. I don’t think you can lay the blame at Soriano. Maybe we are to blame, we want success after success and you can’t do that standing still unfortunately. As my post started, just a thought.
From what I can gather there are a lot of people who work at City who really want to improve supporter relations but when suggestions go up the chain they hit a brick wall. I may be wrong on this but I don’t know of another club that charges £45 for kids to attend matches in basic general admission seats. You can point to the growth in global fanbases and additional revenue all you want but anybody who treats the match going fanbase with the disregard we get treated with is a disaster for supporter relations. One day I think we’ll all realise that.

ahh hes done alot of things that we dont agree with, but there is stuff that he has done well for the club.
I’m sure there is good stuff he has done, most of the good stuff has been done by Pep however. It will be interesting to see what match days are like when Pepleaves and we drop back into the pack. That is when I think some of the very short term thinking going on at the moment will come back to bite us.

From what I can gather there are a lot of people who work at City who really want to improve supporter relations but when suggestions go up the chain they hit a brick wall. I may be wrong on this but I don’t know of another club that charges £45 for kids to attend matches in basic general admission seats. You can point to the growth in global fanbases and additional revenue all you want but anybody who treats the match going fanbase with the disregard we get treated with is a disaster for supporter relations. One day I think we’ll all realise that.
My lads season ticket is less than a tenner a game. I may be wrong on this but name me another club that’s won 4 out of 5 Premier league titles that charges similar to Curzon Ashton, Ashton United, Stalybridge Celtic general admission to watch world class players. One day I think we’ll all realise how blessed we’ve been.

I bought several tickets for Real Madrid at home gane and the Under 18 ticket was £22.50. I just thought I’d give some broader context.

I do t know the ins and outs of Soriano’s job but I doubt he’s directly responsible for customer services. I am pretty sure he’s not the person deciding that only one window will be open at the ticket office on Champs League nights until an hour before kick off.

Yes he’s trying to maximise revenues and profits and a fair amount of that grates. Equally, who offered to pay extra for their match tickets or season cards when we lost £140mil in a year during Covid years?

I’m in the fortunate position of being in the OSC and knowing there is somebody to give advice and help on ticket issues 7 days a week.Kevin Parker does they for sweet FA. I still spend hours on the phone to City help though and that service needs a big overhaul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.