FA Cup Final | United (N) - Sat 3rd June 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we didn’t have the Champions League Final a week ahead, I think City would really go for this, but part of me thinks they won’t want to spend too much energy. Frankly if the Cup Final was against anyone else, I wouldn’t be bothered, as long as we beat Inter
Naw sorry, treble is defo on and chances like this don’t come that often - 2 games to smash it!

No offence mate, but that's nonsense re. expending energy. It will be a full strength team going balls out to win it, it s a full weeks recovery. The only question is the selection of "horses for courses" - Mahrez, Phil etc who have done well in the cup and/or against these rag twats. Rest assured there won't be any thoughts of Istanbul in that group until 5pm Saturday at the earliest.

Understand your point about inter being more important if you take away the fact it's a derby, I actually agree with that. Imo we need to get this CL monkey off our backs
The old saying…..a week is a long time in football, plenty of time between the finals if Pep wanted to play the same XI (which he won’t) I don’t buy this notion that we’ll be undercooked etc, we arrive with a fully fit & hungry squad, now compare that to last season when we stumbled over the line in the league with defenders dropping like flies (hence the caution from Pep this year) and the wheels totally came off against Madrid, no doubt we learnt a lot that season, never to be repeated, neither game will be easy but we’ll win them both

Good news we have a fully fit squad. Players will definitely be up for this. Get a good win against the rags and that'll set us up well for the Champions League final.

Can almost guarantee that Pep and these players will never have another opportunity to win a treble, and I'd be a bit ashamed if I was De Bruyne or Haaland listening to Pep tell the players that the Inter game is anyway more important than this one

This is about legacy and stamping their names in the history books

Let's have it right, this team can win a game in 30 minutes, and if we play to the level we have recently in the big games this could be over by half time

Can almost guarantee that Pep and these players will never have another opportunity to win a treble, and I'd be a bit ashamed if I was De Bruyne or Haaland listening to Pep tell the players that the Inter game is anyway more important than this one

Pep would never do that. He sees one game at a time. It's a philosophy.
And most managers of big teams do that anyway. You can't throw away tittles like that.
You have to try your 100 % best.
After all the CL game is 7 days later so plenty of time to rest and prepare again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.