FA Cup R4 Draw | Fulham (H) | SOLD OUT (official site)

No wonder they charge £45 then! What a joke.
Given they have over 50k season tickets on compulsory purchase and 9k away fans no wonder they get a big crowd. If we had the same rules we would have a full house no doubt.

I heard some knobhead rag on GMR saying we could only fill the ground with cheap tickets. Rather that than being forced to pay for a ticket regardless if you want too or can go anyway

A lot of your fans having a pop at ours saying we'll come up in a taxi (groundbreaking banter). Easy for you lot to say supporting a massive club, even before the money was invested you had a huge fanbase compared to ours. We struggled in the lower leagues for years in front of 2,000 fans and now share a London borough with Chelsea ffs. We have 3-4,000 proper fans so respect to anyone that travels. Sick of clueless fans from the PL having a pop because they think we are are bigger than we are.
You get one at every club but should imagine it was just a bit of friendly banter
We get slagged off when we don't fill the stadium ,When we fill it we are glory hunters or tourists
We will fill it against Fulham and we are criticised because the tickets are reasonable priced
Be proud of following your club and let sarcasm,wit go over your head
We have to put up with the " biggest club in the world" fans from Old Trafford,Singapore,London, Norway ext
Enjoy your time time in Manchester

And therein lies the problem. Teams like the rags will continue to charge stupid prices if teams sell out their allocation and of course if they only take a small allocation then the rags will sell those left over tickets to their 1 billion fans. Ticket prices will only drop if fans stop buying them in huge numbers across all leagues. £45 to sit in that shit tip for a Friday night televised game is taking the piss but fair play to the kiddy fiddlers for selling out
They don't give season card holders any choice at OT. If you have a season ticket, you are forced to buy an FA cup ticket. So there will probably be loads of empty seats, even though it'll be a "sell out". We may actually have more bums on seats than they have.

Given they have over 50k season tickets on compulsory purchase and 9k away fans no wonder they get a big crowd. If we had the same rules we would have a full house no doubt.

I heard some knobhead rag on GMR saying we could only fill the ground with cheap tickets. Rather that than being forced to pay for a ticket regardless if you want too or can go anyway
I don't think they have 50k season ticket holders, I think it's more like 35-40k. Reason being that they'll likely fill the ground anyway so prefer to have more higher priced match day tickets for occasional fans and tourists who are also more likely to spend on the 'matchday' experience. It's part of the reason their match day revenue is so high compared to ours.
I also suspect that many of the 9k Boro' fans are making a weekend of it in the great city of Manchester. It's not their fault they live in a shit hole.

If we charged £45 up for FA cup games and made it compulsary we would be lucky to get 20k for Fulham as we are not mugs.

If we charged £45 up for FA cup games and made it compulsary we would be lucky to get 20k for Fulham as we are not mugs.
If it was compulsory for us and we have 40k? season tickets then it would be highly unlikely we would be lucky to get 20K.

A lot of your fans having a pop at ours saying we'll come up in a taxi (groundbreaking banter). Easy for you lot to say supporting a massive club, even before the money was invested you had a huge fanbase compared to ours. We struggled in the lower leagues for years in front of 2,000 fans and now share a London borough with Chelsea ffs. We have 3-4,000 proper fans so respect to anyone that travels. Sick of clueless fans from the PL having a pop because they think we are are bigger than we are.
Never had an issue with away fans travelling to the Etihad in fact I applaud any who attend as they for one don't jump on the Rag, Dippers, Arse band waggon and become a lemming.

Most City fans like Fulham. My first City match was against them at Maine Road in 1968 (City won 5-1 and Allan "sniffer" Clarke scored for you). The Cottage is one of the best away trips in football. That said there are smaller clubs than Fulham which have bigger travelling supports. However the ones that do travel deserve nothing but praise.

We wouldn't get 40k accepting those terms.
Maybe but would you get a big drop off on the off chance you had to give up your seasoncard because you objected.

I hope it never happens, hate to be forced into a situation like that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.