FA Cup R4 Draw | Fulham (H) | SOLD OUT (official site)

Most City fans like Fulham. My first City match was against them at Maine Road in 1968 (City won 5-1 and Allan "sniffer" Clarke scored for you). The Cottage is one of the best away trips in football. That said there are smaller clubs than Fulham which have bigger travelling supports. However the ones that do travel deserve nothing but praise.
But that's the thing, they're not smaller clubs. Maybe less "successful", but not smaller. Plenty of League 1 clubs with bigger fanbases, and understandably... they have whole towns and cities behind them.

Most City fans like Fulham. My first City match was against them at Maine Road in 1968 (City won 5-1 and Allan "sniffer" Clarke scored for you). The Cottage is one of the best away trips in football. That said there are smaller clubs than Fulham which have bigger travelling supports. However the ones that do travel deserve nothing but praise.
exactly
Fulham away is top draw. that tiny chippy on the high st is outstanding .

A lot of your fans having a pop at ours saying we'll come up in a taxi (groundbreaking banter). Easy for you lot to say supporting a massive club, even before the money was invested you had a huge fanbase compared to ours. We struggled in the lower leagues for years in front of 2,000 fans and now share a London borough with Chelsea ffs. We have 3-4,000 proper fans so respect to anyone that travels. Sick of clueless fans from the PL having a pop because they think we are are bigger than we are.
1643297233697.png
You are what you are, I’m sure you could pull 40k+ for a Wembley final. Don’t let childish remarks about attendances bother you, it doesn’t bother us City fans at all.

A lot of your fans having a pop at ours saying we'll come up in a taxi (groundbreaking banter). Easy for you lot to say supporting a massive club, even before the money was invested you had a huge fanbase compared to ours. We struggled in the lower leagues for years in front of 2,000 fans and now share a London borough with Chelsea ffs. We have 3-4,000 proper fans so respect to anyone that travels. Sick of clueless fans from the PL having a pop because they think we are are bigger than we are.
Fulham is a great away game, I don't think I've ever met a City fan who has anything negative to say about your team or club.

In the spirit of forgiveness, I'm happy to book your travelling support a space in the Blue car park. Just let me know if you need a space big enough for a minibus or not?

(Only joking)

Last edited:
I agree, respect to any fans who travel so far to away matches. I loved coming to Fulham the walk along the river and when it is sunny sitting on a bench and admiring the view. Craven cottage is one of my favourite grounds, the iconic cottage, plus the stewards are always friendly and helpful.
I can't go any more but will always treasure the memories of all my away days.
Good luck to you............ just not when you are playing us!! :-)

Well we'll see wont we.

But that's the thing, they're not smaller clubs. Maybe less "successful", but not smaller. Plenty of League 1 clubs with bigger fanbases, and understandably... they have whole towns and cities behind them.
That's fair comment. I was thinking of clubs like Preston and Blackpool in my area who have big away followings even for relatively unimportant matches. But, despite their great histories, I would never consider them bigger clubs than Fulham. For what it's worth I don't have a bad word to say about Fulham fans and I have met many over the decades. You probably won't agree but I also have a lot of time for fans of your rivals QPR as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.