FA Cup R4 Draw | Fulham (H) | SOLD OUT (official site)

When I have to think back to the game Thaskin delayed the end of season players walk around the pitch to raffle a car off for 45 mins after we'd been 2-0 up & lost 3-2 to Fulham is the best reason to not like them it's pretty slim pickings.

They don't have a big traveling fanbase meh.

That's fair comment. I was thinking of clubs like Preston and Blackpool in my area who have big away followings even for relatively unimportant matches. But, despite their great histories, I would never consider them bigger clubs than Fulham. For what it's worth I don't have a bad word to say about Fulham fans and I have met many over the decades. You probably won't agree but I also have a lot of time for fans of your rivals QPR as well.

I’d imagine if teams like Preston or Blackpool played elite level clubs year in year, their away support especially down to London would dwindle once the novelty worm off.

Fulham played us last season and likely to do so next season. To likely watch the second string get beat after 4 hrs travelling likely is t that appealing.

Not been following this thread for some time !
What's all this chat about travelling fans ?

Times are getting harder by the day and anyone that came afford to follow their teams is doing well.
This could well be my last season coming back to Manchester for games due to the cost of living going through the roof. Gas, electric, diesel these are becoming a thing of luxury.

We shouldnt be knocking fans I love coming to games but my wage wont spread that far in the future sadly. Away games are going to be my only chance I feel. Hopefully I am wrong and thinks get sorted.

Alot of fans are going to start funding it tough to follow their teams.

Anyway I am looking for to being their for this game lol

Last edited:
That's fair comment. I was thinking of clubs like Preston and Blackpool in my area who have big away followings even for relatively unimportant matches. But, despite their great histories, I would never consider them bigger clubs than Fulham. For what it's worth I don't have a bad word to say about Fulham fans and I have met many over the decades. You probably won't agree but I also have a lot of time for fans of your rivals QPR as well.
In terms of catchment area both of those clubs will have more fans than us.

I definitely don't agree, can't stand the ****s. Assume that stems from what happened on *that* day...

I am trying to transfer my ticket to my son who is on my family and friends list. It is within the 2 week window but not allowing me to do it. Any one else done or trying to transfer a ticket managed it?
Seems the facility to do it hasn’t been activated yet. Next couple of days apparently. Spoke to supporter services earlier.

When I have to think back to the game Thaskin delayed the end of season players walk around the pitch to raffle a car off for 45 mins after we'd been 2-0 up & lost 3-2 to Fulham is the best reason to not like them it's pretty slim pickings.

They don't have a big traveling fanbase meh.
I

I’d imagine if teams like Preston or Blackpool played elite level clubs year in year, their away support especially down to London would dwindle once the novelty worm off.

Fulham played us last season and likely to do so next season. To likely watch the second string get beat after 4 hrs travelling likely is t that appealing.
Perhaps but both these clubs take big followings to their routine league matches (often 2 to 3000 fans). These figures below for the EFL are just for one weekend. Lincoln City took 3000 to Sheffield in League One! Some clubs get home crowds of only 9000 but take 3,000 away. For me that is fantastic support. I often get trains back to Lancashire from my own away trips with City to places like London and the trains are rammed if Blackpool or Preston have been down south at the same time. They are both great fanbases and there are plenty of others. Forest have a huge following away and so do Bristol City. In my view this is why English football is the best in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.