FA Cup R5 Draw | Peterborough (A)

We will get this area again in back of picture. Only change in 41 years is seats in lower bit of stand. I was just to left next to tunnel in 81. Remember it well. Though hadn't realised it was 41 bloody years ago.

Screenshot 2022-02-06 194902.jpg

Not sure about that but it could go to very low points Peterborough isn't the best place to get to, let alone for a midweek game.
Easy place to get to for some of us , 20 miles up the road , couldn’t ask for a better draw . But that’s us being selfish , makes a change from a 300 mile round trip every other week tho.

He defended City fans when Palaces newbie "ultras" put that shit banner up in 2014.

My memory of 81 was seeing Gerry Gow walking back to the station after the game with it kicking off everywhere around him, no fucks given.
Remember the 'running battles' in the streets that day. Dont remember much about Peterbrough as a town or the match itself, other than the celebrations when Booth scored at the ' jam packed 'away end (weren't as bothered about Health and Safety in those days obviously!).
Caught some highlights on YouTube recently, we didn't look particularly over convincing that day to be fair (maybe mindful of the recent Shrewsbury and Halifax debacles!)
Not one of my brothers favourite away games i wouldn't have thought ,as someone pissed down the back of his leg at Half time
(at least people make it to the sink now!)

Remember the 'running battles' in the streets that day. Dont remember much about Peterbrough as a town or the match itself, other than the celebrations when Booth scored at the ' jam packed 'away end (weren't as bothered about Health and Safety in those days obviously!).
Caught some highlights on YouTube recently, we didn't look particularly over convincing that day to be fair (maybe mindful of the recent Shrewsbury and Halifax debacles!)
Not one of my brothers favourite away games i wouldn't have thought ,as someone pissed down the back of his leg at Half time
(at least people make it to the sink now!)
Come to think of it i'm sure Joe Corrigan and Nicky Reid had a bit of a 'falling out' and told each other to fuck off that day in front of the away end . Both of them could look after themselves so I don't think either really wanted to 'start something'. So no Dyer and Bowyer or Flannagan and Hayles (?)
Seem to remember the City fans being a bit surprised when that happened and starting to cheer and laugh.
It was a similair reaction to yesterday against Fulham when KDB gave the ball away and started jumping about stamping his feet and having his 'toddler tantrum' in the middle of the pitch (I didn't imagine that one did I?)

Easy place to get to for some of us , 20 miles up the road , couldn’t ask for a better draw . But that’s us being selfish , makes a change from a 300 mile round trip every other week tho.
We'll be after you local Blues for pub recommendations then.
Interested to know do they draw in much support from the wider rural areas or is that taken up by Leicester, Norwich, forest et Al?

Interested to know do they draw in much support from the wider rural areas or is that taken up by Leicester, Norwich, forest et Al?
You missed out Man United!

It's a pretty good beer town, Peterborough. My favourite is the Palmerston, near the ground, but ale lovers should also look at least at Charters (dodgy name but a big old dutch barge with a dozen or so pumps as you cross Town Bridge) and Brewery Tap over the busy road opp station if you like Oakham beers. There are a few others worth a look and Drapers is a decent spoons if you are early enough for breakfast and a pint!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.