FA Cup R5 Draw | Peterborough (A)

Remember the 'running battles' in the streets that day. Dont remember much about Peterbrough as a town or the match itself, other than the celebrations when Booth scored at the ' jam packed 'away end (weren't as bothered about Health and Safety in those days obviously!).
Caught some highlights on YouTube recently, we didn't look particularly over convincing that day to be fair (maybe mindful of the recent Shrewsbury and Halifax debacles!)
Not one of my brothers favourite away games i wouldn't have thought ,as someone pissed down the back of his leg at Half time
(at least people make it to the sink now!)
Remember getting off the special that day to be met by what seemed like a hundred or so very pissed up Rangers fans offering us a wee swig of their whisky . While another lot were busy launching a skinhead through a chippy window . Managed to get myself nicked after the match while passing the away end on the way back to the station . Spent the night in a cell with a Chelsea lad and a utd fan from Prestwich who had gone with his city mates . apparently Chelsea had travelled over for a bit of agro believe it or not ! I was eventually released in the early hours and managed to hitch back home with the utd lad would reckoned City were mad ! After 5 return visits to court i was finally aquitted !

It's a pretty good beer town, Peterborough. My favourite is the Palmerston, near the ground, but ale lovers should also look at least at Charters (dodgy name but a big old dutch barge with a dozen or so pumps as you cross Town Bridge) and Brewery Tap over the busy road opp station if you like Oakham beers. There are a few others worth a look and Drapers is a decent spoons if you are early enough for breakfast and a pint!
Nice one pal. Hopefully I'll get a ticket & see you there

Full 5th Round Draw

Peterborough v Manchester City
Liverpool v Norwich
Luton v Chelsea
Southampton v West Ham
Middlesbrough v Tottenham
Crystal Palace v Stoke
Everton v Boreham Wood
Nottingham Forest v Huddersfield

It's a pretty good beer town, Peterborough. My favourite is the Palmerston, near the ground, but ale lovers should also look at least at Charters (dodgy name but a big old dutch barge with a dozen or so pumps as you cross Town Bridge) and Brewery Tap over the busy road opp station if you like Oakham beers. There are a few others worth a look and Drapers is a decent spoons if you are early enough for breakfast and a pint!
Charters is away fan friendly with a newly expanded beer garden. It does SE Asian food too.

Posh's box will be under siege for 90 mins
victoria.jpg

Fantastic women in the day would do anything for there bloke and there bloke would do anything for them, that’s probably why so many are still together ( no disrespect meant to any later couples)
Yes dear.

The worst goal difference in the Championship, against the best goal difference in the Premier League.

55 goals conceded against 55 goals scored.

Football is a strange game and results don`t always follow stats but if they do this time it should be a comfortable win.

Last time I went there we won 0-1 due to a Paul Power goal. I went with my dad who has sadly passed away and Pete a work mate.

I expect both clubs to play a weakened team.

The worst goal difference in the Championship, against the best goal difference in the Premier League.

55 goals conceded against 55 goals scored.

Football is a strange game and results don`t always follow stats but if they do this time it should be a comfortable win.

Last time I went there we won 0-1 due to a Paul Power goal. I went with my dad who has sadly passed away and Pete a work mate.

I expect both clubs to play a weakened team.
Tommy Booth scored the winner when we played there. You can’t be getting mixed up with a different game as we’ve only ever played them that one time.
It’s an understandable mistake after 41 years. That was just about the only game in that cup run when Paul Power didn’t score!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.