FA Cup SF Draw | Sheffield United | Sat 22 Apr 16:45

Who do you want in the Semi Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seen an advert for a charter train from Sheffield to Wembley.

Prices START at £120.00!

Scandalous price, but that is what it costs to run a train on Britain's fucked up railway!

Whilst I agree with what you are saying if the game is a 5.30ko and goes to penalties then it finishes around 8.00pm. Not that easy to make last train home from Euston and that is what a lot of the issues are for fans. The big wigs in London don’t give a shit as they are driven everywhere, don’t have to pay for food, travel, tickets etc. The fans are the ones who will suffer. No way should this game be at Wembley but it is because the FA refused to build the new national stadium in the midlands and they need the money to pay off their debts. They don’t give a fuck about the fans. This game if it has to be at Wembley should kick off no later than 3.30.
I remember the Liverpool final didn’t even get to see us pick up the league cup as we had to leg it to get the last train, it was fucking rammed with blues standing room only, fa are a set of twats

This semi final seems to be attracting more interest than other ones in recent years. This is is obviously a limited sample but I will be ordering 50 tickets for our supporters club. I think we ordered 30 for the semi Vs Brighton.

Our coach from North Yorks and Leeds is filling up pretty fast too.

This is exactly the type of thing the regulator isn't getting involved in, as they stated.

Thanks for the reply, i was under the impression it would be more fan orientated, seems i am wrong, we carry on.

Just like everything in football, even those looking to the future for the better of the game still don’t give one shit about the proper fans.
The game is run for the benefit of fans who believe you can support a team solely through the medium of television.
Some FA ****, possibly Greg Dyke, once said the 5-15 FA Cup final kick-off was so fans who had been out for the afternoon could enjoy the final when they got home.
Fans who attend matches are well down the pecking order and while the IFR might express some sympathy they won't get involved as they are just a tick box exercise.

I remember the Liverpool final didn’t even get to see us pick up the league cup as we had to leg it to get the last train, it was fucking rammed with blues standing room only, fa are a set of twats
So both the EFL and FA are a set of twats? - Actually, you are correct.
I remember leaving the ground in 2013 and lots of Wigan fans missed the presentation as they had to get trains back.

A Sheffield United fan, here (I come in peace!). Just curious to know how confident the average City fan is on occasions like this. Are there any nagging doubts that you could mess it up, despite the obvious mismatch?
As a Blade, I am never confident irrespective of the opposition as we are always capable of shooting ourselves in the foot, but your team is so good I find it hard to imagine you ever being worried.
A bizarre blades victory, 1-0 Kyle Walker og 89 mins, sent off 89 mins (indecent exposure)

Yeah there is that daftness n’all. If they want us to attend games they should extend train times into the early hours of the morning to allow it to happen or use their heads and have semis at different stadiums.
Yes I can’t understand why a couple of later trains can be put on. They’d be full so wouldn’t be running at a loss. Unless there’s some rule where trains have to stop running after a certain time.

So both the EFL and FA are a set of twats? - Actually, you are correct.
I remember leaving the ground in 2013 and lots of Wigan fans missed the presentation as they had to get trains back.
I remember we were panicking about that Wigan game for weeks beforehand and wondering how we'd make the last train if it went to extra time and/or penalties. A good job Ben Watson popped up with that late winner ha ha!

Yes I can’t understand why a couple of later trains can be put on. They’d be full so wouldn’t be running at a loss. Unless there’s some rule where trains have to stop running after a certain time.
I think somebody on here with some knowledge of this kind of thing has alluded to this in the past. Not sure if it's to do with routine maintenance on the line once the trains have stopped running or something, meaning the last train at weekends is earlier than midweek for them to have the opportunity to do the necessary works but it's still odd that the last train out of London to Manchester on a Sunday night is nearly an hour later than the last train on a Saturday night. Even extending it just to that time on a Saturday for these semis and finals at Wembley would be a great help for 5.15 and 5.30 kick-offs. I'm old enough to remember that the last train to Piccadilly out of Euston on a Saturday night used to be at 10pm. That was back in the 1990s and I should know as we stupidly missed it following a match at QPR in 1995 when we got, ahem, stuck in the pub for too long meaning we had to end up kipping on the tiles at the station!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.