FA Cup SF Draw | Sheffield United | Sat 22 Apr 16:45

Who do you want in the Semi Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We all know refs can be bought - why don't the tykes and the mancs just turn up at St James or the Dreams of Mecano theatre. We can let them know the result later.

Here’s my data point for decision making in regard attending the FA Semi …

I’d already booked to fly in on 9th April and back on 23rd April to the US, knowing when the CL Qtr final dates are.

Didn’t know who we would draw, or what order we’d be home or away, but I was willing to give it my best shot.

Already purchased my Leicester ticket at the start of the season.

Pretty sure as a match day Cityzen I’ll get a ticket for the Bayern home game. And, I’ve booked flights from London to Munich for the Monday to Thursday, even though I’m probably not going to be able to get a ticket from the club and will have to rely on other sources (calling in favors or over paying on a website) for the game at Bayern.

I was praying for a Saturday FA Cup semi, as then I could keep my return to the US on the 23rd, FROM MADRID.

But, a +/- 5pm kick off on the Saturday would mean I’d have to fly London to Madrid Sunday morning, with my connection only being around an hour. This is not a risk I can take, so unfortunately I’ll be watching the semi from a Tapas bar in Madrid. Add to this Sheffield is not exactly a big attraction. I did Wigan and Watford , but I just can’t justify the challenges and costs that I’d incur getting to/from this match.

What I want to point out is that we all live in our own shoes, and can not pass judgement on others decisions to attend a particular match or not, as “we haven’t walked a mile in someone else’s shoes”

I’ll never tell anyone else they are ‘bad’ for not wanting to go to a game, nor will I tell someone they are ‘crazy’ for wanting to go to a game (especially as crazy can be applied to me and my pursuit of watching City )
Sounds like a great trip, watching the semi in a Tapas bar in Madrid ain’t too shabby, enjoy.

Yes I can’t understand why a couple of later trains can be put on. They’d be full so wouldn’t be running at a loss. Unless there’s some rule where trains have to stop running after a certain time.
I'm sure there's a reason for it, but it has always seemed mad to me that our major cities aren't better connected by train. Seems mad that you can't go to a West End show in London without getting a hotel.

To be honest it’s a disgrace the way train travellers in general are treated. This countries transport system is an absolute joke.
Indeed, and in combination with unsuitable ko times things can become impossible. Even if there is just enough time to make Euston for last train, surely that one train would be hugely oversubscribed?
Btw, it's even worse travelling south, last train from Piccadilly to London on a Saturday is 20:15 (I mean, are we living in Dickensian times or summat?) and, after the Newcastle game, that train was cancelled!! Yep, last train, cancelled (lack of train crew, are they fucking joking?). Didn't even show it as cancelled on the boards, just removed it like it had never existed, fuckin twats! I eventually dragged out of a sarky obnoxious 'information' kiosk that I could go via Brum where an onward train (4min changeover!!) would be held for the connection, hmm. Things got even better when about 20 Birmingham fans returning from Wigan joined the carriage at Stafford and 'serenaded' us all the way to Brum!
I did manage to get my fare back, but how the fuck have Avanti been given another extension? A disgrace!

Apologies if I have missed this on the thread, does anyone know when the date for this game will be decided?

Apologies if I have missed this on the thread, does anyone know when the date for this game will be decided?
Date Saturday 22nd April, it can't be Sunday as the rags are in Seville on the Thursday night before so will get the Sunday match.

KO time, fuck knows, apparently it takes at least 3 days of hard thinking to decide it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.