FA CUP Ticket information

Status
Not open for further replies.
tidyman said:
paulchapo said:
I wonder what would happen to the cup scheme if we were drawn away for every round? You would only have then paid for the semi and the final if we got that far,i suppose that would be the luck of the draw[no pun intended!]

Nothing would happen. Apart from having priority on buying the away tickets like for Stoke this year. People ( not necessarily you) seem to be under the impression joining the cup scheme costs money, which apart from the price of the tickets anyway, it doesn't.

Exactly. If you're going to attend the cup games anyway, why wouldn't you join the cup scheme? Saves a whole lot of dicking around, you get extra points for it and get priority for away matches including semis and finals. All this was made clear from the start. It's no mystery.

moomba said:
simonk said:
is it fuck a joke
it rewards the 17k people who committed to watching us every time we played at home in the cup,
over and above those who wouldnt commit but now want to watch us cos we're in the final

and its hardly a surprise, as it happened 2 seasons back

It didn't actually. Scheme members got in at about the 4th category. I ended up getting mine on points as I got in before I could have got in on the scheme. For the semi it was scheme members got first dibs and I got mine through the scheme a couple of days before I could get in on points.

Having said that I agree that it is not a surprise, we all knew the score.

Doesn't mean that it's right though.

Not trying to be antagonistic, but i can think of (i believe) c 17,000 of our seasoncard holders who think it is right, and i suspect, in many cases, like my own, changed their choice of matches as a result of the cup scheme

trublue55 said:
moomba said:
simonk said:
is it fuck a joke
it rewards the 17k people who committed to watching us every time we played at home in the cup,
over and above those who wouldnt commit but now want to watch us cos we're in the final

It didn't actually. Scheme members got in at about the 4th category. I ended up getting mine on points as I got in before I could have got in on the scheme. For the semi it was scheme members got first dibs and I got mine through the scheme a couple of days before I could get in on points.

Not trying to be antagonistic, but i can think of (i believe) c 17,000 of our seasoncard holders who think it is right, and i suspect, in many cases, like my own, changed their choice of matches as a result of the cup scheme

It's actually an excellent scheme. It's one of the reasons why every match has been a sell out. Whoever came up with it at city is a genius.

cheddar404 said:
trublue55 said:
moomba said:

It's actually an excellent scheme. It's one of the reasons why every match has been a sell out. Whoever came up with it at city is a genius.
It's been in for years when the ground was half empty

dw7 said:
cheddar404 said:
trublue55 said:

It's been in for years when the ground was half empty
but the difference is the priority for big games, which only came in in 2011

The season ticket is for 19 home games.

The cup scheme is effectively a cup season ticket.

There really is no reason why people who commit to cup scheme shouldn't get priority.

If you're going to go to the cup games anyway, why don't you sign up to the cup scheme?

trublue55 said:
moomba said:
simonk said:
is it fuck a joke

That's fine, although I suspect there are a few on the scheme who are quite happy to receive the benefit but think there are fairer ways if doing things.

coulsonblue said:

There really is no reason why people who commit to cup scheme shouldn't get priority.

If you're going to go to the cup games anyway, why don't you sign up to the cup scheme?

Its already been explained in detail why I didn't join. Others would have similar stories I'm sure.

And I disagree that there is no reason why someone on the scheme should have priority. I can think of plenty.

If the cup scheme us effectively a cup season ticket why do points you get from joining go on your loyalty points for away games in the league? The answer us that just as people who go to cup games contribute to our league successes, people who go to league games contribute to our cup successes

moomba said:
coulsonblue said:

Its already been explained in detail why I didn't join. Others would have similar stories I'm sure.

And I disagree that there is no reason why someone on the scheme should have priority. I can think of plenty.

If the cup scheme us effectively a cup season ticket why do points you get from joining go on your loyalty points for away games in the league? The answer us that just as people who go to cup games contribute to our league successes, people who go to league games contribute to our cup successes

Eh?

You don't receive different loyalty points for hom and away games.

Loyalty points all go onto one total.

I do not understand why being on the cup scheme is more relevant loyalty wise than those who have attended all the Home cup games.

However I knew at the start of the season being on the Cup scheme would increase my chances of getting a ticket for a Final. I presume everyone else knew also so there can be little ground for complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.