FA CUP Ticket information

Status
Not open for further replies.
our tommy said:
Dubai Blue said:
The club got 26,000 tickets originally. So that's 17,000 to Cup Scheme season ticket holders and 9,000 to non-Cup Scheme season ticket holders. City's computer systems must show how far the points tally those 9,000 go if EVERY single one of them bought a ticket. Let's say that cut off point is 6,000 points.

Why, on the very first day of sales, couldn't they have just released all 26,000 tickets to all Cup Scheme members and any season ticket holder with more than 6,000 (or whatever amount) points?

These are the 26,000 people at the front of the queue and they'd all be guaranteed a ticket if they wanted one. They could have been given the first 3-4 days to sort their tickets out, after which point the criteria goes down each day until they're sold out.

They have all the necessary systems in place to do this, so why not use them? I don't see the point in knowing precisely who your 26,000 'target' customers are and then staggering your way through them over the course of 10+ days.
Probably a PR thing. People with lots of points want to be made to feel special. :-)

If they go to none cup scheme seasoncard holders then I think it is doubtful there will be many with over 6000 points in this situation. The reason most, not all, will have more than 6000 points is because they go to cup/away games and join the cup schemes. I have mine already but hoping that I can get one for my lad who has 4700 points but is not on the cup scheme because he does not live in the area anymore. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get one.

the website would crash and phone lines would be jammed if you had too many people all trying at once.

coulsonblue said:
our tommy said:
Dubai Blue said:
The club got 26,000 tickets originally. So that's 17,000 to Cup Scheme season ticket holders and 9,000 to non-Cup Scheme season ticket holders. City's computer systems must show how far the points tally those 9,000 go if EVERY single one of them bought a ticket. Let's say that cut off point is 6,000 points.

Why, on the very first day of sales, couldn't they have just released all 26,000 tickets to all Cup Scheme members and any season ticket holder with more than 6,000 (or whatever amount) points?

These are the 26,000 people at the front of the queue and they'd all be guaranteed a ticket if they wanted one. They could have been given the first 3-4 days to sort their tickets out, after which point the criteria goes down each day until they're sold out.

They have all the necessary systems in place to do this, so why not use them? I don't see the point in knowing precisely who your 26,000 'target' customers are and then staggering your way through them over the course of 10+ days.
Probably a PR thing. People with lots of points want to be made to feel special. :-)

If they go to none cup scheme seasoncard holders then I think it is doubtful there will be many with over 6000 points in this situation. The reason most, not all, will have more than 6000 points is because they go to cup/away games and join the cup schemes. I have mine already but hoping that I can get one for my lad who has 4700 points but is not on the cup scheme because he does not live in the area anymore. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get one.

the website would crash and phone lines would be jammed if you had too many people all trying at once.

If its taking 7 days to sell tickets to the 17,000 cup scheme members, does that mean that City can only cope with 2-3,000 sales per day?

cibaman said:
coulsonblue said:
our tommy said:

If its taking 7 days to sell tickets to the 17,000 cup scheme members, does that mean that City can only cope with 2-3,000 sales per day?

surely the advent of on line booking makes life easier, having said that i think we have more than 17000 cup scheme members.

Ha ha, just went on the website. First thin I saw was a picture of Hart with title "City v Wigan sold out".

I'm presuming the twats have left it on from the league game.

great news to those yet to get a seat more tickets to MCFC

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2013/April/FA-Cup-final-ticket-update-II" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and- ... -update-II</a>

Here we go:

Manchester City v Wigan Athletic
Saturday 11th May 2013
Kick off – 5.15pm
The Football Association has released additional tickets for sale to MCFC supporters for this fixture.

Supporters are advised that tickets already purchased cannot be exchanged for an alternative category or seat.

The revised allocation received by the Club is now 31,779 tickets.

Four categories of match ticket are available to purchase, priced as follows:

Category Price (Adult) Price (Under 16 & Over 65)

Category 1 £115 £105

Category 2 £85 £75

Category 3 £65 £55

Category 4 £45 £35

Disabled £45 (plus free Assistant)

The Club’s allocation of ambulant tickets and limited allocation for 2012-13 City Kicks Members that do not qualify in their own right, have now SOLD OUT.

Please note; there are a small number of restricted view tickets available for this fixture, which will qualify for a £10 reduction on the above prices.

All restricted view seating will be sold last, and supporters will be advised at the point of sale if they are purchasing a restricted view seat.

PLEASE NOTE: Tickets will not be available to purchase* or collect ‘in person’ at the Stadium Ticket Office for this match.

*With the exception of disabled wheelchair users who will be able to purchase and collect from the Ticket Office, located on the first floor of the City Store.

We are open Monday to Saturday, 9am to 5:30pm (closed Sunday and Bank Holidays).

You can view the Wembley Stadium plan here, or get a view from the seats by clicking here.

Subject to availability, tickets can be purchased online at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/tickets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mcfc.co.uk/tickets</a> or by telephone on 0161 444 1894 (option 1, option 1, option 2)** by supporters who meet the following criteria;

- 2012/13 Platinum/Gold Members on the FA Cup Scheme with 8000 or more loyalty points – Wednesday 24th April at 9am.

- 2012/13 Platinum/Gold Members on the FA Cup Scheme with 7000 or more loyalty points – Thursday 25th April at 9am.

- 2012/13 Platinum/Gold Members on the FA Cup Scheme with 6000 or more loyalty points – Friday 26th April at 9am.

- 2012/13 Platinum/Gold Members on the FA Cup Scheme with 5000 or more loyalty points – Saturday 27th April at 9am.

- 2012/13 Platinum/Gold Members on the FA Cup Scheme with 4000 or more loyalty points – Monday 29th April at 9am.

- 2012/13 Platinum/Gold Members on the FA Cup Scheme with 2500 or more loyalty points – Tuesday 30th April at 9am.

- Any 2012/13 Platinum/Gold Member on the FA Cup Scheme – Wednesday 1st May at 9am.

- 2012/13 Platinum/Gold Members with 4,500 or more loyalty points – Thursday 2nd May at 9am.

- 2012/13 Platinum/Gold Members with 4,000 or more loyalty points – Friday 3rd May at 9am.

- 2012/13 Platinum/Gold Members with 3,500 or more loyalty points – Friday 3rd May at 1pm.

**Tickets purchased over the telephone will be subject to a £2.50 booking fee per ticket and all tickets will be despatched via post and sent to the registered address of the purchasing supporter.

Phone lines are open 24-hours, 7 days a week. No booking fee payable on tickets purchased online.

Should any tickets remain; further selling criteria will be announced on the website.

Supporters purchasing online will need to have a valid email address which is already registered with the Club, and a valid supporter number, before they can log into their account online.

If any supporter has forgotten their password, they will have the option to request a new password which will be sent to their registered email address.

If you do not have a registered email address, please contact Supporter Services on +44(0) 161 444 1894 (option 1, option 3) or email supporterservices@mcfc.co.uk.

You can also view your loyalty points online at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mcfc.co.uk</a>.

We advise all supporters to read our frequently asked questions, which will provide you with further details in relation to this match.

Gold Members will be awarded 20 loyalty points for attending this fixture. Platinum Members will be awarded 40 loyalty points.

The following groups will receive an allocation of tickets for this match: Supporters, Seasonal Hospitality Supporters, Owner, Board of Directors, Football Management, Players, Club Officials and Staff, Former Players, Club Partners and the MCFC Supporters Club.

Disabled Supporters:

Supporters are advised that the Club’s allocation of ambulant tickets have now SOLD OUT.

Ambulant supporters must now purchase tickets at the full price for both themselves and their assistant by calling +44(0)161 444 1894 (option 1, option 1, option 2).

The Club has received an allocation of 100 wheelchair spaces with the provision for a free assistant.

Disabled supporters who meet the qualifying criteria and wish to purchase a ticket should contact Supporter Services on 0161 444 1894 (option 1, option 1, option 1).

Please note that disabled tickets are not available to purchase online.

For additional help or assistance, please contact our Disabled Liaison Officer, on 0161 444 1894 (option 1, option 1, option 1) or email disabledtickets@mcfc.co.uk.

Junior Membership holders:

Supporters are advised that the limited allocation of FA Cup Final tickets set aside for 2012/13 City Kicks Platinum and Gold Members for purchase with a qualifying Adult, regardless of their loyalty point status and enrolment on the FA Cup Scheme SOLD OUT at 5pm, Friday 26th April.

To purchase a ticket for the FA Cup Final, 2012/13 City Kicks Platinum and Gold Members must now qualify for a ticket in their own right in line with the qualifying sales criteria†.

Qualifying Adults are advised to purchase their tickets at the same time as the qualifying junior (subject to availability), to ensure that juniors are not separated from their parent/guardian.

The decision of when to buy lies solely with the supporter.

†Should the 2012/13 Season City Kicks Platinum/Gold Members have turned 16 during the season, a ticket can still be purchased together with a qualifying adult, however the prevailing adult rate will be charged in line with the regulations of Wembley Stadium.

Please note: If the supporter number used is that of an adult, then only an adult ticket may be purchased. This also applies to under 16s and over 65s.

Travel

Virgin Trains are advising supporters wishing to travel by train to the FA Cup Final that there are no suitable services returning to the North West that take into account the uncertainty of when the match will end. The last train from London Euston to Manchester Piccadilly is at 21:00.

You can read the full Virgin Trains press release here.

Our Official Travel Partner Thomas Cook Sport has a coach travel package available for the trip to Wembley. Click here for more details: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thomascooksport.com/Football/Premier-League/Manchester-City/Manchester-City-Domestic-Travel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thomascooksport.com/Football ... tic-Travel</a>

We would like to remind everyone why we have the best supporters in the country. On your visit to Wembley, please respect the stewards and staff at the Club and we ask that you:

- Remain in the seat that you have purchased.

- Keep your ticket with you at all times.

- Do not block the aisles or gangways.

- Do not smoke.

- Follow the ground regulations.

Official Match Ticket

Entry to the Stadium will be granted on the presentation of a valid ticket purchased from the Club.

The Club excludes all liability to any supporter who is denied entry to the Stadium as a result of their ticket having been purchased through an unauthorised seller.

The unauthorised sale or disposal of tickets may also amount to a criminal offence and the Club will inform the police as soon as it becomes aware of any unauthorised sale or disposal of tickets.

Rules and Regulations

Tickets for this match are sold subject to the acceptance of The Football Association ‘Conditions of Issue’.

All tickets and hospitality are sold subject to availability and are issued subject to Manchester City Football Club Limited’s 2012-13 away match terms and conditions of sale, 2012-13 Hospitality terms and conditions of sale (available upon request) and the applicable ground regulations of Wembley Stadium.

You can also read our frequently asked questions [link to FAQ v2300413 pdf attached] which will provide you with further information to assist with your planning for this match.

For a guide to Wembley Stadium, please visit <a class="postlink" href="http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/StadiumGuide.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadiu ... Guide.aspx</a>

The Ticket Office and Supporter Services Team are available Monday - Saturday, 9am to 5:30pm (closed Sunday & Bank Holiday). Supporter Services will open for all scheduled First Team away fixtures.

Please call +44 161 444 1894 (option 1, option 3).

Not heading to Wembley? The FA Cup Final will be screened live from the Etihad Stadium, where families can also enjoy a whole host of activities.

Tickets will be priced just £5 for adults and £1 for juniors. Further information will be published on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mcfc.co.uk</a>

So we've basically got the semi final allocation for the final. Really good that. Good that they're dropping the points quite fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.