FA CUP Ticket information

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by SaddleworthBlueRhino, 19 Apr 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AD4

AD4

26,000 people calling at 9am. That is not going to work. They should admittedly stagger it a lot better, but opening the floodgates to 26,000 people is just asking for a calamitious fuck up.

They could of course hire more people, or improve the call centre etc, but that would be too obvious.

2. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

Now saying sold out on official website !!!

5 minutes later I re check and I cant find any info so maybe it's not.

3. trublue55

trublue55

with respect, fairly obviously 26,000 tickets were never going to be made available for sale, they keep very quiet about things, in the hope that not too many people work out how many tickets "disappear" from the starting figure for Supporters Clubs, Corporates, Sponsors,Player, Former Players, Staff etc................

4. irishblue

irishblue

The reason the ticket office does it this way is because those with most points on the Cup scheme get to choose where they want to sit (well, which block anyway). If it opened for everyone at the same time, it would be first come first served and there would still be complaints like why someone with a season ticket who didn't buy into the Cup Scheme can get tickets at the same as someone with 10,000 points on the Cup Scheme.

However, they should do it with a bigger grouping of points criteria, or reduce it on a half-day basis - this way, they could work through everyone twice as quickly.

5. mike o

mike o

They dont have the systems in place to deal with 26,000 people all trying to buy tickets at once. The phones/site would constantly crash.

Not making excuses and do understand people getting frustrated not knowing if it will go down to their criteria.

6. Dodge

Dodge

Eh?

7. our tommy

our tommy

Probably a PR thing. People with lots of points want to be made to feel special. :-)

If they go to none cup scheme seasoncard holders then I think it is doubtful there will be many with over 6000 points in this situation. The reason most, not all, will have more than 6000 points is because they go to cup/away games and join the cup schemes. I have mine already but hoping that I can get one for my lad who has 4700 points but is not on the cup scheme because he does not live in the area anymore. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get one.

8. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

Sorry for the misinformation, I logged in and immediately was told it was sold out. I went back into the site a few minutes later and the sold out sign had gone but no new informaton, not even the criteria for tomorrow.

9. the goats backside

the goats backside

I blame JMW (-;

10. Dodge

Dodge

Seems everyone's getting a bit cranky mate :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.