FA CUP Ticket information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dubai Blue said:
The club got 26,000 tickets originally. So that's 17,000 to Cup Scheme season ticket holders and 9,000 to non-Cup Scheme season ticket holders. City's computer systems must show how far the points tally those 9,000 go if EVERY single one of them bought a ticket. Let's say that cut off point is 6,000 points.

Why, on the very first day of sales, couldn't they have just released all 26,000 tickets to all Cup Scheme members and any season ticket holder with more than 6,000 (or whatever amount) points?

These are the 26,000 people at the front of the queue and they'd all be guaranteed a ticket if they wanted one. They could have been given the first 3-4 days to sort their tickets out, after which point the criteria goes down each day until they're sold out.

They have all the necessary systems in place to do this, so why not use them? I don't see the point in knowing precisely who your 26,000 'target' customers are and then staggering your way through them over the course of an entire week.

26,000 people calling at 9am. That is not going to work. They should admittedly stagger it a lot better, but opening the floodgates to 26,000 people is just asking for a calamitious fuck up.

They could of course hire more people, or improve the call centre etc, but that would be too obvious.

Now saying sold out on official website !!!

5 minutes later I re check and I cant find any info so maybe it's not.

Dubai Blue said:
The club got 26,000 tickets originally. So that's 17,000 to Cup Scheme season ticket holders and 9,000 to non-Cup Scheme season ticket holders. City's computer systems must show how far the points tally those 9,000 go if EVERY single one of them bought a ticket. Let's say that cut off point is 6,000 points.

Why, on the very first day of sales, couldn't they have just released all 26,000 tickets to all Cup Scheme members and any season ticket holder with more than 6,000 (or whatever amount) points?

These are the 26,000 people at the front of the queue and they'd all be guaranteed a ticket if they wanted one. They could have been given the first 3-4 days to sort their tickets out, after which point the criteria goes down each day until they're sold out.

They have all the necessary systems in place to do this, so why not use them? I don't see the point in knowing precisely who your 26,000 'target' customers are and then staggering your way through them over the course of 10+ days.

with respect, fairly obviously 26,000 tickets were never going to be made available for sale, they keep very quiet about things, in the hope that not too many people work out how many tickets "disappear" from the starting figure for Supporters Clubs, Corporates, Sponsors,Player, Former Players, Staff etc................

The reason the ticket office does it this way is because those with most points on the Cup scheme get to choose where they want to sit (well, which block anyway). If it opened for everyone at the same time, it would be first come first served and there would still be complaints like why someone with a season ticket who didn't buy into the Cup Scheme can get tickets at the same as someone with 10,000 points on the Cup Scheme.

However, they should do it with a bigger grouping of points criteria, or reduce it on a half-day basis - this way, they could work through everyone twice as quickly.

Dubai Blue said:

They have all the necessary systems in place to do this, so why not use them? I don't see the point in knowing precisely who your 26,000 'target' customers are and then staggering your way through them over the course of 10+ days.

Dubai Blue said:

They dont have the systems in place to deal with 26,000 people all trying to buy tickets at once. The phones/site would constantly crash.

Not making excuses and do understand people getting frustrated not knowing if it will go down to their criteria.

Dubai Blue said:

Probably a PR thing. People with lots of points want to be made to feel special. :-)

If they go to none cup scheme seasoncard holders then I think it is doubtful there will be many with over 6000 points in this situation. The reason most, not all, will have more than 6000 points is because they go to cup/away games and join the cup schemes. I have mine already but hoping that I can get one for my lad who has 4700 points but is not on the cup scheme because he does not live in the area anymore. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get one.

Dodge said:
Blue Mist said:

Eh?

Sorry for the misinformation, I logged in and immediately was told it was sold out. I went back into the site a few minutes later and the sold out sign had gone but no new informaton, not even the criteria for tomorrow.

Blue Mist said:
Dodge said:
Blue Mist said:

Eh?

Sorry for the misinformation, I logged in and immediately was told it was sold out. I went back into the site a few minutes later and the sold out sign had gone but no new informaton, not even the criteria for tomorrow.

Seems everyone's getting a bit cranky mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.